The interwebs tells me National Hot & Spicy Foods Day is coming up, and the end of summer is the perfect time for foods that make you sweat. We love it spicy around here, though there’s only one of us foolish enough to eat an entire scorpion pepper over the course of two tacos. Even if you don’t want to eat food so hot it will make you cry, you’ll still want to try these recipes. They’re super awesome!
1. Southwest Pasta Salad is the perfect side dish to add some spice to your summer grill out or picnic.
2. Everybody freaks out over Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers. There’s no way you’re going to have any leftovers.
3. I love buffalo chicken, and I love tacos, so it makes sense to combine them. Buffalo Chicken Tacos give me an excuse to put blue cheese in a tortilla, which makes me unreasonably happy.
4. Chili with Gnocchi is not only spicy, but it’s filled with pillowy gnocchi which I adore. It’s a big pot of love.
5. We never ever tire of eating My Mom’s Tacos. We make them at least once a month, and every single time, I’m grateful that I got to learn a few things in the kitchen before my mom passed away.
6. Geoff’s easy favorite is Spicy Chicken Chili. Every time I make this, people ask me for the recipe. Here it is.
7. If you want to spice up an old favorite party snack, try Jalapeno Deviled Eggs. They’re tasty, but they’re also pretty, and that’s fun.
8. Mexican Lasagna is layer upon layer of of spicy, cheesy, vegetarian goodness.
9. Spread the love around by making Jalapeno Popper Dip. Everything you love about poppers, but in scoopable form.
10. Keep the dip alive with Mexican Spinach Dip. It’s spicy + cheesy + super food. I’m all in.
11. Vegetarian Jalapeno Poppers are super awesome poppers sans bacon, which makes some people extra happy. Not everyone can be on team bacon.
12. You know I can’t live without a good burger, so we better make it spicy. Try Spicy Southwest Burgers the next time you grill out.
Make it spicy, kids. Life’s too short to be bland.