Okay, I know Cinco de Mayo is coming up, and there are burritos and margaritas and stuff. That’s totally awesome. But dudes! Saturday is Star Wars day! May the fourth be with you!
You can go hardcore and watch all six movies in one day like we did a couple of years ago. It’s totally doable. Make sure you have plenty of breakfast pizza, Swiss and bacon dip, and lots and lots of beverages. Preferably of the adult variety, if you are one of those. Because what’s a movie marathon without a drinking game?
Here’s how to play.
- Put some minor characters’ names into a hat or something, then have each person choose a name. Whenever that character comes on screen, you have to drink.
- Whenever a lightsaber is in use, drink until it has been switched off.
- Whenever a stormtrooper or droid is killed, drink.
- And best of all, whenever someone says “May the force be with you,” take a shot.
It’s gonna be a long, awesome day.
Costumes are highly recommended. I mean, you might as well get into it and embrace your inner nerd. I don’t recommend spending any money on it. Just twist your hair into two buns and call yourself Princess Leia. If you own it, no one will question you. Or if you’re a human with potential facial hair, a stick-on mustache totally makes you Lando Calrissian.
Or you could go all out like these guys. They do events all over Honolulu. They wear these full plastic suits with face smothering helmets in public. Guys, it’s always summer in Honolulu. That is some serious commitment. Respect.
In case you’re not sure what to drink, my live-in bartender, who also happens to be my husband, has created two new cocktails for you.The R2D2, is blue and white and will probably save your ass when you really need it to. Then there’s C3PO, human cyborg relations. This drink is golden, sweet, and a little bit fancy, just like everyone’s favorite droid. Oh, and it contains Red Bull. That’s gotta be why he’s so high strung. Trust me, these are the droids you are looking for.
I hope you let your inner nerd fighter shine through this weekend and spend a little time enjoying a cocktail in a galaxy far far away.
- 2 parts blue curacao
- 1 part coconut milk
- 1 part coconut rum
- *all ingredients should be chilled
- Pour blue curacao into your glass.
- Shake coconut milk and coconut rum with ice.
- Straining out the ice, pour coconut mixture over the back of a spoon slowly so that it floats on top of the blue stuff.
- Mix together before drinking.
- 1 shot lemon vodka
- 1 shot lilikoi (passion fruit) vodka (if you can’t get lilikoi, you can double the lemon vodka)
- 1 shot Red Bull
- 2 shots pineapple orange juice
- a plate of sugar for the rim
- Combine all ingredients in your cocktail shaker and shake with ice.
- Wet a paper towel and press the top of your glass into paper towel. Then press the top of your glass into the plate of sugar.
- Straining out the ice, pour cocktail into waiting glass.
- Let a robot take care of all your worries while you enjoy a well-deserved drink.