Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers are a totally indulgent appetizer or party snack. Spicy jalapenos are filled with ranch-flavored cream cheese, then wrapped in bacon and baked. Try to eat just one. I dare you.
When you really love someone, you go out of your way to give them what they want. When you really love someone, you find little ways to show them you’re thinking about them. When you really love someone, you surprise them with cute paper straws and washi tape and let them go to Five Guys late at night after too many drinks because you know it’s their favorite thing in the entire world. When you really love someone you find a way to let them know.
I really love my amazing husband who does so many wonderful things for me, so the least I could do was make him one of his favorite foods, even if I had to jump through some ridiculous hoops to make this very American food in Scotland.
What makes Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers so awesome?
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers are absolutely jaw dropping. They’re a bit time intensive, but super easy to make. It’s mainly construction. But trust me, everyone will love them. You should really make these for your next party. Or, you know, just for your husband because you love him so much.
If you’re outside the US, you may have a problem tracking down some of these ingredients. Ranch seasoning can be ordered through Amazon. So far, the only place around Glasgow I’ve been able to find jalapenos is at Whole Foods in Giffnock. This is definitely NOT near where I live, but I’ll do anything for love. As you can see, they’re a bit on the small side, but they were all eaten in about ten minutes, so I’m sure the flavor is fine. If anyone knows another source for jalapenos, definitely leave me a comment.
Some people might not think you can say I love you with food. Those people would be wrong. Nothing says I love you like Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers.Print
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
Say I love you with Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 16 pieces 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack or other spicy cheese
- 6–8 jalapenos
- 6–8 slices of bacon
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine cream cheese, ranch dressing mix, and cheese in a mixing bowl. I used my stand mixer because I’m lazy, but you could mix it by hand.
- Cut the stem off of your jalepenos then slice them in half lengthwise. Remove the ribs and seeds. I use a spoon to scrape out the insides. Just make sure you wash your hands a lot. Arrange jalapeno halves on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Cut your bacon slices in half.
- Fill the cavity in each jalapeno half with the cream cheese mixture, then wrap a half piece of bacon around it and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until your bacon has reached desired crispness.
- If you want them to be less greasy when you serve them, place them on a wire rack over foil to cool.
- These are good hot or at room temperature.
- You’ll likely have some of the cream cheese mixture leftover, so if you want to a few extra, just increase your jalapenos and bacon accordingly.
Keywords: Jalapeno, Cream Cheese, Bacon
Ready for an awesome variation on this recipe? Try this delish Jalapeno Popper Dip?