Caramel Butterscotch Muffins
A for real muffin studded with sweetness
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 303 grams (2–1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 105 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- approximatly 1/4 cup caramel sauce, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl, or pulse in food processor for about five seconds.
- Whisk together sugar, oil, egg, egg yolk, and yogurt in a medium bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and quickly and gently stir to combine using a spatula or wooden spoon. Some small lumps are okay. Try to accomplish this in 10-15 seconds.
- Fold in the butterscotch chips
- Scoop the batter into the waiting muffin pan. The cups will be quite full. Muffin tops are the bees knees.
- Drizzle a spoonful of caramel sauce over each muffin.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from them pan and turn them on their sides on a wire rack to cool. This will give you that lovely crust all the way around.
- Serve warm, even if it’s a day or two later.
- Good luck not burning yourself.
Keywords: Caramel, Butterscotch, Muffin