***Disclosure: This post contains a sponsored link that helps fund this blogs awesomeness.
My husband has been counting the minutes until the World Cup in Brazil. We’ve been watching a bit of football lately (if I call it soccer, I can expect to see divorce papers), and it’s all about to get much more intense. There can be no question that we’re supporting England, and luckily, they don’t play the US this time. As long as I don’t cheer too much for my own team, I think we’ll make it through the next four years.
I don’t actually know much about football, but I do know that watching sports is an excellent excuse for drinking. It’s Geoff’s goal to drink a beer from each country during each match, which is already proving challenging, but since I don’t drink beer, I need to be prepared with a go to cocktail that will get me in the spirit.
I chose Pimm’s and lemonade (that’s Sprite in American) for my team cocktail since it seems like that’s what all the English girls drink in the summer. I also added a bit of syrup from the maraschino cherry jar to sweeten the deal. I could definitely drink these all day. I doubt you’re supposed to drink them while watching sports, but I don’t usually pay much attention to what you’re supposed to do.
Will you be watching the World Cup this year? What team are you supporting? And most importantly, what will you be drinking while you do it?
- 1 jigger (1.5 ounces) Pimm's liqueur
- About a cup of lemon lime soda
- 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry syrup
- a lemon wedge and a cherry for garnish
- Fill a tall glass (12 ounces) with plenty of ice. Add your jigger of Pimm's and top it up with lemonade, that's Sprite to Americans, then stir in the cherry syrup. Garnish with a lemon wedge and a cherry, and sip away while your team scores many goals.