I’ve been so extremely lazy these days. A complete and total lack of motivation. I want to do exactly nothing. I think I need to hibernate. A week in bed with books, Netflix, and somebody bringing me food seems like the only good plan. Why does life keep happening? Can’t we ever just take a break? What I wouldn’t give for a little bit of Snowpocalypse right about now. But no, the sun is shining and it’s a beautiful day. People expect you to go outside and interact with other humans. It’s disgusting.
If I was lucky enough to be trapped in my house, I’d want bottomless chili and this cheesy, spicy Cheddar Habanero Corn Bread. They’re the perfect match. The corn bread is dense with an awesome, slightly crunchy texture, and supremely spicy from the six ounces of shredded habanero cheddar cheese I folded into it. If you can’t find habanero cheddar at your store, regular pepper jack will suffice.
When you’re completely wiped out by winter doldrums, chili and corn bread is just the thing. It’s warm and comforting but also sets your mouth on fire. Hopefully you made it to the store in time to buy plenty of milk or beer before you got snowed in. Man, I wish I was snowed in. I can’t get over it.
No matter the weather, make this Cheddar Habanero Corn Bread to go alongside your next pot of chili. Spicy cheese. What could go wrong?
- 1 box Jif corn muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 6 ounces habanero cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 9x9 baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together corn muffin mix, egg, and milk until combined. Fold in shredded cheese.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with chili or stuff in your face with honey.