Chocolate Banana Muffins are the best way to use up languishing bananas. With plenty of cocoa, these muffins are easy to bake and a joy to eat.
It’s been a rough road, friends. After my vacation, I came down with the worst cold I think I’ve ever had. I felt like I’d been beaten with a baseball bat, and eventually, I completely lost my voice and could only whisper for two whole days. No amount of zinc lozenges, Airborne, or even 12 solid hours of sleep has made any improvement. At the moment, I am able to croak a bit and can move around for a few minutes without wanting to take a nap on the spot. I’d say that’s a bit of an improvement. I’ll take it.
I managed to meet most of my work and social obligations and even smiled while pretending not to die. I doubt I was very convincing, but I showed up, and I took care of business to the best of my ability. Next week, I promise to be super awesome and conquer the world.
What makes Chocolate Banana Muffins so awesome?
Some things are still super useful when they look the most sad and decrepit. Like bananas. Ugly bananas can be transformed into something super awesome. This time around, it’s chocolate banana muffins. That’s right, kids, chocolate.
I’m not a banana eater myself, but Emily had some sad looking bananas that she brought with her on the plane, and we couldn’t let them go to waste. That’s like putting money in the trash. But just regular banana muffins are not awesome enough. Cocoa powder is like magic, friends. These muffins are fluffy and flavorful and awesome for breakfast or as a snack. And you can pretend their healthy, right?
Fingers crossed I can make a comeback and become as awesome as these chocolate banana muffins. Here’s to health and happiness and cocoa.Print
Chocolate Banana Muffins
Moist, light muffins that are deeply chocolaty and gives sad bananas a new life.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) brown sugar
- 1–1/2 cups (225 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 400 and pop some pretty papers into 12 muffin tins.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash your bananas with an electric mixer. Mix in the oil, eggs, and brown sugar.
- Turn your mixer down to low and mix in the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda until just combined.
- Scoop your batter into your waiting muffins pan, filling them about two-thirds full.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for a few minutes and eat warm, or allow to cool completely and store in an air tight container.
Keywords: Chocolate, Banana