Easy Garlic Mac & Cheese has fresh sauteed garlic but also uses a totally easy cheater sauce that’s completely stress-free. An awesomely cheesy dinner is ready to eat with very little effort. What could be better?
So, I listened to an episode of The Food Blogger Pro Podcast recently that left me feeling like a total failure. I’m sure it was full of great information, and if I go back to listen to it later in a less emotional state, I’ll learn a lot from it. But what I heard this time was that my blog was just another useless collection of recipes that no one will ever care about, and all the hard work I’ve put in over the past 8 months has been completely pointless.
Let me reiterate, that’s not what the guest actually said. This was just my fear-prone imposter syndrome brain running amok. What she actually said was, you have to give people more than just recipes so they’ll keep coming back. Give them a reason to become part of your tribe.
So, my friends, let me invite you into my tribe. We’re a little kooky in here. We’re pragmatic and whimsical all at the same time. And we’re cynics who somehow still see the glass as half full. We know this is a beautiful terrible world, and we’re here for all of it.
If you worked hard and had a tough day and just want to get dinner on the damn table without having to lose your mind with more stress but still have something that tastes totally awesome, you’re in the right place.
But what about the Easy Garlic Mac & Cheese?
That’s what this Easy Garlic Mac & Cheese is. We boil a little pasta. We sautee some chopped garlic in some melted butter for like, a minute. Then, we whisk together some condensed milk, eggs, and seasonings. We add in the garlic, cheese, and pasta, stir it all up, and bake it in the oven.
Then we eat. We sit back and relax and revel in our own genius because we just turned some simple, everyday ingredients into something that tastes fantastic. And we didn’t have to spend all of our money. And we didn’t have to spend hours in the kitchen.
My friends, you are all here for a reason. If it’s just for recipes, I’m absolutely happy with that. If you came here for recipes and found something a little bit more, that is truly awesome.Print
Easy Garlic Mac & Cheese
Easy Garlic Mac & Cheese is flavored with sauteed garlic. Made with a no-cook sauce, it comes together in a snap.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1/2 pound of your favorite short pasta, whatever’s in your pantry
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 oz) evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces shredded cheese such as cheddar and/or Monterrey Jack
- 1 ounce shredded parmesan
- Put a large pot of water on to boil. Once your water is boiling add a teaspoon of salt and your pasta. Cook for 6 minutes and drain. Pasta will be al dente.
- In the meantime, preheat your oven to 475 F (250 C) and lightly spray a 2 quart casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt butter and saute garlic for about a minute. It will brown lightly and become fragrant. Garlic burns quickly, so don’t walk away.
- Add the garlic and butter, evaporated milk, eggs, and seasonings to a large mixing bowl. Whisk until everything’s combined. Stir in cheeses.
- Add your drained pasta to the cheese mixture and stir everything together. Transfer the mac and cheese to your baking dish and bake for about 12-15 minutes or until it starts to become brown and bubbly around the edge. The cooking time can vary depending on the depth of your baking pan.
- Allow to cool for ten minutes before eating so you won’t burn yourself on molten cheese. Dig in and enjoy!
Keywords: Cheese, Pasta, Garlic