Hawaii has a lot of really amazing things. Gorgeous beaches, lush mountains, fantastic weather. I can serve my Thanksgiving dinner outside, and go to the beach on Christmas Day if I want to. There are beautiful flowers and brightly colored birds all over the place.You can see a rainbow almost ever day, which is basically magic. Living in Hawaii is extremely awesome.
But there’s not a single Sonic anywhere on my island. No slushies, no cheeseburgers, no vanilla root beer, and definitely no Frito Chili Cheese Wraps that I can eat in my car on the way to play practice.
Okay, so I don’t drive a car anymore, and I’m apparently too old to go to play practice these days, but there’s no excuse for why it took me to so long to just make my own Frito Chili Cheese Wrap. I mean, it’s not even really cooking. It’s just assembly. Fritos, your favorite chili (from a can is rad), and some cheese. Wrap it all up in a big, soft flour tortilla. Done. And when you make your own at home, you can add sour cream for extra awesomeness. Why have I been missing this for five years?
It’s good to get out and explore the world, but sometimes a favorite thing from home is exactly what you need. Now if I can just get some crushed ice, vanilla syrup, and a lot of root beer, I’ll be all set. Who needs Sonic? Make your own Frito Chili Cheese wrap at home. Genius!Print
Frito Chili Cheese Wrap
A Sonic favorite made at home with crunchy Fritos, spicy chili, cheese and sour cream.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 burrito size flour tortilla
- 1/2 cup of Fritos
- 1/2 cup of your favorite chili
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Heat up your chili in a pan or in the microwave. Lay a tortilla out on a plate. Pile your Fritos in a line down the center, leaving a bit of space at each end for folding. Spoon the chili over the Fritos, then add the cheese and the sour cream on top of all of that.
- Fold the top and bottom edges of the tortilla in, then fold over the side of the tortilla nearest you. Roll the closed side over the complete the wrap. Dig in to the wrap and the memories.
- Seriously, don’t measure. Just throw stuff on a tortilla. But be careful not to overfill it, or you won’t be able to close up your wrap.
- Serving Size: 1