This Goat Cheese Crostini is an elegant and easy appetizer. Perfect for cocktail nibbles, it’s topped with macadamia nuts and drizzled with honey.
When I looked at my trusty blog calendar and saw that tomorrow is National Macadamia Nut Day, I knew I had to do something to help you all celebrate yet another completely obscure, inconsequential food “holiday.” The last thing you want in life is to run out of reasons to celebrate.
Mac nuts are kind of a big deal here, and I love them. There are a million different chocolate covered varieties and some savoury mac nut snack options as well. They pretty much have their own section in groceries stores, and I have distinct memories of getting free chocolate covered mac nuts whenever we flew Hawaiian Air when I would visit as a kid. They’re my go to nut, and I often swap them out for other, less awesome nuts in recipes. We’ve put them in all sorts of things including brie, bread pudding, and cookies.
This time, we’re making a simple yet elegant little appetizer. This is more construction than cooking, which means you can definitely make these while drinking a glass of wine. It’s a crispy crostini, topped with creamy herbed goat cheese, crunchy Maui Onion and Garlic Macadamia Nuts, and a drizzle of honey for a hint of sweetness. If you live somewhere where you can get your hands on macadamia nut honey, like a Hawaiian farmer’s market, I highly recommend it. It’s got just the slightest hint of bitterness which will really compliment this whole affair.
Crispy, creamy, crunchy, sweet. What could be better? Get more macadamia nuts in your life. It’s gonna be awesome!Print
Goat Cheese Crostini with Macadamia Nuts and Honey
Crispy, creamy, crunchy, and sweet, Goat Cheese Crostini with Macadamia Nuts and Honey is a great party appetizer or fancy snack to make you feel all sophisticated and grown up.
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Assembled
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1 bag crostini from your grocery store bakery
- 4 ounces herbed goat cheese
- 1 small bag maui onion and garlic macadamia nuts
- Let’s not overthink this. Start by lightly crushing your macadamia nuts with a rolling pin. Just leave them in the bag, and give them a good whack and press to make the pieces sightly smaller. Or chop them if you’re feeling really ambitious.
- Spread some goat cheese onto each crostini. Sprinkle the mac nuts over the goat cheese. You may want to give them a gentle press to be sure they don’t fall off. Drizzle slightly with honey.
- Serve to your friends who will think your brilliant. You don’t have to tell them how easy it was.
Keywords: Crostini, Goat Cheese