Greek Yogurt Pancakes are a delicious way to bring a little more protein to breakfast. This pancake recipe is easy and fast. Serve with fruit or maple syrup. It’ll be awesome.
Oh my god, you guys, I so don’t want to talk about pancakes right now. All I want to do is lay in my bed and read books forever. My meds ran out last week, but the pain didn’t, so it’s just me and some Tylenol that does nothing trying to get on with life. My body keeps telling me I need to chill the rock out and lay down, but life has other plans. There are jobs to go to and people to feed and errands to run, and none of that is going to wait around for me to get better.
Sorry, I realize this is not awesome. It’ just real life.
Let’s talk about my carb addiction. Bread, pasta, and potatoes are basically my favorite foods. The only “vegetable” I really like is corn, which guess what, is actually just grass, aka carbs. It’s not vegetarians who have a hard time getting enough protein, it’s carboholics.
So I went ahead and stuffed some extra protein into some bread by making these Greek Yogurt pancakes. They’re easy to make and bonus, they taste super awesome. The Greek Yogurt makes for a denser pancake, but it’s also kind of creamy in the middle. They have a deeper flavor than your average pancake, too. I’m into it.
I hope your summer is splendid, full of pancake breakfasts, running through the sprinklers, and bubbly wine. I hope you’re livin’ it. Have some extra fun for me. I’ll be napping.Print
Greek Yogurt Pancakes
Greek Yogurt Pancakes give you your favorite breakfast treat with a boost of extra protein.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon milk
- Butter for greasing the pan
- Put a medium skillet over medium heat to make sure your pan is well heated before you start your griddling action.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar,and baking soda to combine.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, eggs, vanilla, and milk until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and use a rubber spatula to fold them together until just blended. A few lumps are not the end of the world.
- Add a small pat of butter to your hot pan and spread it around with your pancake flipper. Scoop 1/3-1/2 cup of pancake batter into your hot pan. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, then flip quickly and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until brown and lovely.
- Repeat with additional pancake batter. Serve with butter and syrup and awesomeness.
Keywords: Pancakes, Greek Yogurt