My husband loves jalapenos. He’ll put jalapenos on anything. Tacos, pizza, eggs, sandwiches, anything. And if he can get his hands on something hotter, he’ll chop it up and throw it in that night’s dinner without batting an eye. He’s most happy when his food is making him cry.
He loves jalapeno poppers, as you might imagine. He’ll eat them anyway he can get them, with bacon or without. He can’t stop. But since I’m not a vegetable eater, jalapeno poppers don’t really do it for me. Chop them up and bury them in cheese, though, and I’m all in.
I love a warm gooey dip scooped up with a crunchy chips. When you’re chewing on corn chips, you don’t notice you’re also eating vegetables. The cheese and bacon don’t hurt either. This jalapeno popper dip is mildly spicy and so so good. I used red jalapenos because that’s what was in the store, but green works, too. If you want to make it a bit hotter, try adding some chopped habaneros. If you want a crunchy top, scatter some panko bread crumbs on top. I was serving a gluten-free guest, so I just left it plain.
A dip is also great for a party because you can make it stretch a lot farther. If you make individual poppers, you can only make 12. If you make a dip, everybody can take a bit or you can scoop to your heart’s content without feeling greedy.
Gooey, cheesy, spicy. Pretty much everyone’s happy. You’re summer party just got awesome, and everybody wants to hang out at your table. Run with it.Print
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Spicy, gooey, cheesy, this jalapeno popper dip is perfect for a crowd.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- 16 ounces (two boxes) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 5 slices bacon
- 6 jalapenos, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1–1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- Cut your bacon into 1 inch pieces with your scissors and fry over medium heat until crispy. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray a 2 quart casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, use your mixer to beat together all your ingredients. Give each one a few seconds to come together before adding the next one.
- Scoop everything into your casserole dish. Here’s where you’d add the bread crumbs if you like.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until warm and bubbly. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving with crunchy chips to hungry, happy friends.
- Serving Size: 8