This past winter was nothing but hygge, hygge, hygge. We were all about comfort, and I was feeling it. Just because spring is here, I’m not about to let go of that feeling of warmth and comfort. I’m burning candles with bright, citrusy scents. I’m keeping my throw blankets handy when the temperature dips in the evening. And I’m making my very favorite comfort foods. Who’s gonna stop me?
The meatloaf evangelist is back. I’m not about to apologize because I wish I was eating this meatloaf right now. Each individual portion is studded with shredded cheddar cheese, and that glaze is everything. It’s a little bit sweet and a little bit sour, and I want to swim in it.
This mixture is very wet before going into the oven, so it. stays moist and tender. Serving up individual-sized portions means everyone gets plenty of glaze, plenty of crunch, and plenty of goodness. I’m seriously making myself so hungry right now. Serve this up with ranch mashed potatoes, and everyone will be so happy.
Mini Cheddar Meatloaves for life. Make it happen.
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat your ven to 350 and spray a rectangular baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together your egg and milk, then stir in the cheese, oats, onion, and salt.
- Add the beef to the mixing bowl and gently combine with your hands. Form this mixture into four min loaves and place them in your baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice. Spoon this evenly over each of your meatloaves.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Allow to cool for about ten minutes before serving.