Molten Chocolate Cake is rich and light and gooey on the inside. Serve it warm with ice cream. This easy dessert recipe is perfect for date night.
Chocolate. Just wrap your mind around it for a moment. The way it melts on your tongue. The smooth sweetness. The way it can change your mood. It’s a sensory playground. Probability of delight is extremely high. You put a piece of chocolate in your mouth, you close your eyes, you breathe deeply, and you let the joy envelop you. Few other foods have this kind of power. It’s one of nature’s rare gifts. Simply euphoric.
This molten chocolate cake is an ideal way to worship at the altar of the chocolate gods. It’s warm and gooey and intensely chocolaty. This dessert is sexy. There’s no other way to say it. Eating molten chocolate cake just makes you feel good.
It also happens to be very easy to make. Melt together a little butter and chocolate, whip some eggs into a foam, gently and lovingly bring everything together. 14 minutes later, you’re digging into gooey chocolate cake, preferably with someone you like. A lot. I can’t think of a better way to end a quiet dinner for two.
Skip the chain restaurant. Bake your own molten chocolate cake. Fall in love with life.Print
Molten Chocolate Cake
Deeply chocolaty, gooey-centered, warm, sexy, and simply awesome molten chocolate cake made in your own kitchen
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 12
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 2 cakes 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 450 and butter and flour two 6-ounce ramekins or spray them with a flour non-stick spray.
- Put a couple of inches of water in a medium sauce pan over medium heat and place a glass or metal bowl over the pan. Do not let the water touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Add the butter, chocolate, milk, and powdered sugar to the bowl and stir occasionally until everything is melted. Remove the bowl from the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, yolk, sugar, vanilla and salt until it forms a thick foam and falls in a ribbon. If you use a mixer, it will take about three minutes. I whisked it by hand. It’s tiring but completely achievable.
- Gently fold in a tablespoon of flour, then fold in the chocolate mixture. You want to work as lightly as you can since all the leavening will come from your foam. Keep folding until the streaks have almost disappeared.
- Divide the batter between your two waiting ramekins and pop them in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes. It should be just set on the top.
- Allow to cool for about two minutes. Run a sharp knife around the edge of each cake and turn them out onto your plate. You can garnish with some powdered sugar, chocolate syrup, whipped cream, or even ice cream. This cake is completely awesome all by itself, and you will be sad when it’s gone.
Keywords: Chocolate, Cake