No-Bake Double-Layer Pumpkin Pie is a delicious pumpkin pie alternative. Made with vanilla pudding mix and a graham cracker crust, you don’t even need to turn on your oven to make this amazing dessert.
Travelling during the holidays is the worst. The very worst!!! You should get someone to make you double-layer pumpkin pie wherever you’re headed. You’re going to need something to make you feel better when you get there.
My daughter is a super traveler. She’s been crisscrossing the country since she was born, and these days she travels alone like a champ. But luck was against us this time, and my baby is trapped in LA. Luckily, she gets to stay the night with her aunt in a safe, warm bed, and hopefully she’ll make it to us out here in the middle of the ocean tomorrow. I can’t wait to hug her face off.
What makes No-Bake Double-Layer Pumpkin Pie so awesome?
And I can’t wait to feed her pie. This one is a perfectly simple and sweet alternative to a traditional pumpkin pie. And you don’t need to find time to work it into your oven schedule during holiday cooking. It’s no bake, so it’s actually better if you make it the night before. This pie could not be more accommodating.
It also couldn’t be more delicious. There’s a cinnamon graham cracker crust, a layer of cream cheese lightened with whipped topping, and a smooth pumpkin pudding layer. It’s a bit sweeter than traditional pumpkin pie, and infinitely more delicious. I shared some with my coworkers today, and the exclamations were overwhelming. I think you’re going to want to make this for your friends and family. It’s stress free and delicious. I can’t think of anything better.
Tomorrow things will be better. Tomorrow my baby will be on her way to me. Tomorrow the traveling will be over for a while. Tomorrow there will be more pie. And hugs. And laughter.Print
No Bake Double Layer Pumpkin Pie
A deliciously sweet, no-bake alternative to pumpkin pie.
- Prep Time: 30
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 9-inch pie 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 sleeve cinnamon graham crackers
- 2 ounces (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 tub whipped topping, thawed
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Crush your graham crackers, either in a food processor or in a plastic bag with something heavy and unbreakable. Mix in the melted butter until you have a sandy consistency.
- Press your graham cracker mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a nine inch pie pan. Stash this in the fridge while you get on with your work.
- With a mixer, combine the cream cheese, 1 tablespoon of milk, and sugar. Mix on medium high speed until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- With a rubber spatula, fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture, then spread it into the bottom of your pie pan. Pop it back in the fridge.
- Using a mixer with a whisk attachment, or whisk and a very strong arm, combine remaining milk, pumpkin, vanilla pudding mix, and spices for about two minutes. The mixture will be thick.
- Spread the pumpkin mixture on the cream cheese layer and chill for at least four hours, preferably over night.
- Be sure your cream cheese is soft so that it blends well with the whipped topping.
Keywords: Pumpkin, Pie