I have the best of intentions for 2016. Yoga was the first thing I did when I got out of bed on January 1st. Ever since I landed in the hospital last summer, I’ve had the worst time getting into any sort of fitness groove. I know I say it all the time, but maybe this time things will be different. Maybe I’ll finally get into better shape. Or maybe it’s just another January dream. We’ll see.
The chaos of 2015 also made it difficult for me to fully commit to this blog, and now seems like the best time ever to get back to work on being awesome. My husband got me a microphone for Christmas. Do you think we should do a podcast? Would it be awesome or an awesome disaster? If nobody ever hears it, does it even matter?
I’m also resolving to eat awesomely this year. I know we’re all supposed to be dieting right now, but you guys, I just can’t. Instead, I made ice cream as if by magic. When I read about this No-Churn Two Ingredient Ice Cream, I was like “that’s probably gonna suck.” But I had to try it to be sure. I was 100% wrong. It’s completely awesome!!!
It’s so easy you don’t even need a recipe, really. It’s also endlessly customizable. You can add any type of flavoring or stir in candy, cookies, fruit, or any other mix-ins you like. This nearly instant ice cream doesn’t have the exact same taste or texture as traditional ice cream, but it has it’s own unique sweet creaminess. I love it.
2016 is going to be packed with awesomeness. And ice cream. So much ice cream.
- 2 cups heavy cream or whipping cream
- 1 14 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, use the whisk attachment on your electric mixer to whip your cream to medium peaks. Just a bit droopy. If you're adding any flavorings like vanilla extract, mix it into the cream now.
- Get rid of your mixer and pour your sweetened condensed milk into the whipped cream. Gently fold your two ingredients together until combined. If you want to add any mix-ins, fold them in now.
- Pour your mixture into an air-tight container, put it in the freezer, and allow it to freeze for at least 8 hours.