Orange Chocolate Chunk Muffins are a sweet and portable treat with a cup of tea or coffee. Eat them in the morning or in the afternoon. They’ll always be awesome.
It’s midweek and my brain is fried. I should be coming up with clever words, but yet again, I’m empty.
I made you Orange Chocolate Chunk Muffins, and they’re awesome. I made these the first time without the chocolate, and they were perfectly fine. The chocolate is what makes these muffins really sing.
These muffins have a slightly crunchy outer crust and are lighter than air on the inside, just like muffins are meant to be. They’re also perfectly portable if you need to take your breakfast on the road. Pair them with tea or coffee, and you’re winning.
Muffins are good. Chocolate is great. Life is weird. Get into it.Print
Orange Chocolate Chunk Muffins
Orange Chocolate Chunk Muffins are totally awesome.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baked
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 75 grams unsalted butter, melted
- 250 grams self-rising flour
- 25 grams ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 75 grams sugar
- zest of 1 orange
- 100 ml orange juice
- 100 ml whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat your oven to 200C (400F) and line your muffin pan with 12 muffin papers.
- Melt your butter first thing and allow it to cool a bit while you get on with the rest of your batter.
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, ground almonds, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and orange zest. Whisk carefully to combine.
- In another container, such as a large measuring cup, add orange juice, milk, egg, and melted butter. Whisk to combine.
- Add your wet ingredients to your mixing bowl, and fold together with a rubber spatula quickly and gently until just combined. Add in the chocolate chunks and fold to combine.
- Scoop your batter into your waiting muffin cups. Bake for about 20 minutes or a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool slightly on a wire rack, and eat warm.
Keywords: Orange, Chocolate, Muffins
Looking for more awesome muffin recipes? Try these Chocolate Toffee Muffins.