Peanut Butter Button Cookies
Peanut Butter Button Cookies have a chocolate button embedded right in the center.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 8
- Total Time: 28 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) butter, softened
- 1–1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1–3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag of chocolate buttons (24–30 pieces)
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C) and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla until well combined. Add the egg and continue beating until everything is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir together to combine.
- With your mixer on low, slowly add the flour mixture and beat until everything just comes together.
- Scoop out your dough about a tablespoon at a time, leaving space for the cookies to spread a little. Gently press two fingers into the center of each dough ball to help flatten it.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until the cookies just barely start to brown around the edges. Immediately press a chocolate button into each cookie.
- Allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack, then transfer to the fridge if your kitchen is too hot for the chocolate to harden.
You can use pretty much any small pieces of chocolate here, so get creative and use what you love.
Keywords: Peanut Butter, Chocolate, Cookies