Peanut Butter & Jelly French Toast
Your favorite pb&j dipped in egg and fried for an all-American breakfast treat.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Fried
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons jelly (use your favorite flavor)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Put a skillet over medium heat and melt the butter in the pan.
- Make up your pb&j. I like to spread peanut butter on both sides of the bread, then jelly on just one side. Assemble your sandwiches.
- In a wide, shallow container, whisk together egg, milk, and vanilla extract. Dip both sides of each sandwich in the egg mixture.
- Fry your sandwiches in the melted butter for about 3-4 minutes per side or until as brown as you like.
- Serve your pb&j french toast with syrup, if you like.
Keywords: Peanut Butter, Jelly, French Toast