As this posts, we’ll be somewhere over Canada, slowly working our way to our new hometown, Glasgow, Scotland. You know I’ve been on Yelp and compulsively making a list of restaurants that look totally awesome. You guys, I’m going to eat everything!
- The Wilson Street Pantry— You guys know I brunch like a boss, so when I saw all the hollondaise-covered egg dishes and French toast, I knew I had to check it out!
- The Butterfly and the Pig— The name of this place reminds me of The Pig and the Lady in Honolulu, but you won’t find any Asian fusion dishes here. This gastropub serves outrageous looking Scottish comfort food, and I’m ready to dig in!
- Sapori D’Italia— I’m accustomed to Italian-American food, preferably covered in gooey cheese. I don’t know if Italian food in the UK is a bit more authentic, but there seems to be no shortage of gooey cheese in the photos from this place. Let’s go.
- Avenue G Cafe— We’re having breakfast again, but there’s also fat fluffy waffles, killer pastries, and a photo of a chocolate caramel tart that makes me want to sing and dance. Let’s go here for 3-o-clock chocolate break.
- Celino’s— This Italian trattoria/deli looks like it has a bit of everything. Along with meats and cheeses, there’s some creamy dreamy risotto and some killer-looking desserts. Perfect for late afternoon grazing.
- Bloc+— Burgers as big as your head. That is all.
- Nic’s NYC Deli— You know I’m gonna need some American food. Donuts and chili dogs and killer sandwiches and more donuts.
- Pena— This little coffee shop does sandwiches made in one of those 90’s pocket sandwich press thingies. I think they call them toasties in the UK. Whatever you want to call them, they look really fun and tasty.
- Bread Meats Bread— Greasy burgers, sweet potato fries, milkshakes. I’m pretty much in heaven.
- Trans-Europe Cafe— It’s train-themed and there are lots of photos of runny egg yolks. I’m so ready to have Europe at my fingertips.
There’s no telling how many of these places will prove to be as awesome as they seem, but I’m ready to try everything. Hopefully I’ll get to give you an up close view of some of these awesome looking restaurants soon. See you on the other side.