Manifesting with the moon is a beautiful practice. Use these 13 powerful full moon affirmations throughout the year to help create a life you truly love.
The moon is a powerful magical symbol that can help us manifest our intentions throughout the entire lunar cycle. Each phase shows us how to shine in a different way. It reminds us that we are in a constant cycle of change and that rest and renewal are every bit as important as action.
Of course, the bold and bright full moon gets most of the love and attention when it comes to working with moon energy. Given that she is at the peak of her power in this phase, it's no wonder we're all drawn to working with her when she's shining at her brightest.
Many witches and spiritual practitioners like to focus on releasing practices at the full moon, and this can certainly be very effective. For me, though, I like to wait until the last quarter as the moon reaches the halfway mark in its waning journey back to the new moon to do my releasing rituals. Instead, I prefer to use the full moon to focus on recognizing and celebrating what I've achieved. It's the perfect time to shine a spotlight on your accomplishments and reflect on what you've created with gratitude. Full moon affirmations are an excellent way to do this.
What are affirmations?
Affirmations are simple statements of positive intent. It's a declarative statement worded in the present tense. They should focus on what you do want with positive wording rather than stating what you don't want. And most importantly, they should make you feel really good. The most effective positive affirmations feel like they're withint the realm of possibility, even if they aren't quite true at the moment.
I've recently learned that our brains perceive our future selves as a different person. This is why it can be so difficult to avoid behaviors that may feel good in the moment but we know our future selves will regret. Our minds can't actually perceive it as something that will eventually affect us. So by stating our affirmations in the present tense as if they are already true for us, we let our unconscious mind know that this is what the current version of ourselves desires to be true.
Affirmations can help you clear limiting beliefs, especially if you continue to work with them over a long period of time. The constant repetition reinforces the new belief you're trying to create until your vibration begins to shift toward the more positive message. So don't just try them once then immediately say they don't work. You've got to stick with your affirmation practice over time.
As there are sometimes as many as 13 full moons in a year, I'm sharing an affirmation for each, including a blue moon for when you need it. You can work with it at the time of the corresponding full moon or whenever it feels right to you. There are no wrong choices here. If it feels good to you, if it raises your vibration, go with it.
- Wolf Moon - I am deeply connect with and protected by the ones I love.
- Snow Moon - I create a clear vision for an abundant future.
- Worm Moon - I am emerging into my full strength and beauty.
- Pink Moon - I am surrounded by abundance everywhere I go.
- Flower Moon - I have the creative fertility to create the life I desire.
- Strawberry Moon - I am ripe with creative potential.
- Buck Moon - I grow into the best version of myself with confidence.
- Sturgeon Moon - I am grateful for the unbelievable abundance in my life.
- Harvest Moon - I gather abundance to me with ease and joy.
- Hunter's Moon - I am resilient and wise.
- Beaver Moon - I create a home that is nourishing and comforting.
- Cold Moon - I thrive in challenging circumstances.
- Blue Moon - I believe anything is possible, and I take advantage of all the opportunities available to me.
I hope you're able to use some of these full moon affirmations as you create your full moon rituals throughout the year. Learn more how to work with the moon's energy here: