There's no denying it. Bacon is good. I've got over 30 totally awesome bacon recipes to take you through breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It's gonna be pure porky joy.
Look, I know bacon is not exactly great for you, but it's just so damn good. I love mine smoked and extra crispy. If you're in the UK, we're talking streaky bacon here, which to Americans is just, you know, bacon. I've also included a couple of recipes featuring pancetta, since that's really just fancy Italian bacon. In fact, I often substitute bacon for pancetta because, well usually it's just because I'm lazy.
I don't generally look for and I doubt I'd find magical properties for meat. I don't tend to use animal parts in my witchcraft unless they're freely given, like a fallen feather. But when it comes to general kitchen magick, the way any food makes you feel can be part of the spell. So just think about how eating any of these awesome bacon recipes would make you feel to bring some of that shuddering with pleasure energy into your life.
Bacon for Breakfast
- Cayenne Candied Bacon - This one is just straight up bacon baked with brown sugar and cayenne pepper to create a sweet and spicy glaze that almost turns to candy as it cools. It's quite possibly one of the best things you'll ever eat and so easy to make.
- Bacon Pancakes - Just bake the crispy bacon bits right into the pancakes.
- Black Pepper Bacon Waffles - Again, we're baking crispy bacon right into a light and fluffy waffle with a hit of black pepper to keep things interesting.
- Brown Sugar Bacon Biscuits - Let's just put bacon in all the bread. These biscuits have a dark sweetness from brown sugar as well.
- Maple Bacon Pancake Syrup - You could pour this on an old shoe and it would taste good. Maple syrup, butter, and crispy bacon all bubbling together in one pot to create a breakfast elixir of phenomenal deliciousness.
- Croissant French Toast with Maple Bacon Whipped Cream - Turn day old croissants into creamy French toast, then top it with maple-infused whipped cream studded with crispy bacon.
- Breakfast Burger - I make this sometimes when I have leftover burger patties from a cookout. Put your burger on an English muffin, then add bacon, fried egg, and a crispy hash brown. It will cure a hangover in a hurry.
- The Best Ever Bacon Egg & Cheese Sandwich - An epic solution to the problem of leftover bacon in your fridge.
- Full English Breakfast - The British Isles will crumble into the sea without it.
Bacon for Lunch
- Pancetta & Goat Cheese Quiche - Quiche always feels a little bit fancy, so we should put fancy Italian bacon in it.
- Bacon Egg Salad Sandwich - Jazz up your favorite egg and mayo mixture with some smoky bacon bits.
Bacon for Dinner
- Chestnut Soup - This Christmas classic is topped with nuggets of crisp bacon lardons to take it over the top.
- Bacon Goat Cheese Gnochi Gratin - This concoction is ugly but so damn delicious.
- Spicy Bacon Mac & Cheese - We've got bacon, chillies, and lots of cheese. So awesome.
- Bacon Black Bean Chili - It's a hearty bowl of high fiber awesomeness that just tastes too awesome.
- Cider Braised Chicken Thighs with Spring Vegetables - This dish starts with a base of bacon or pancetta lardons to lend that smoky flavor to the whole dish.
- Bacon & Egg Salad - If you have to eat salad, it should be made with a bacon grease viniagrette. Am I right?
- Potato & Pancetta Mac & Cheese - A rustic Italian take on mac and cheese with bonus carb on carb action.
- Chicken Corn Chowder - A bowl of this and a hunk of crusty bread is a completely satisfying meal all by itself.
- Cheesy Potato Soup - This is probably my favorite soup since it's basically just potatoes, cheese, and bacon. You're welcome.
- Bacon & Corn Risotto - My favorite summer risotto with sweet corn and crispy bacon.
- Bacon Carbonara - Totallly inauthentic. I'm sorry. But also, absolutely awesome.
- Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf - Nostalgic comfort food at its absolute best.
- Cowboy Spaghetti - We turned traditional pasta into something a bit more rustic with beer, hot sauce, cheddar cheese, and of course, bacon.
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Burger - Make sure you have some crispy bacon on your PB&J burger. It's ridiculous.
- Orzo with Bacon & Peas - Sometimes we make something healthy extra awesome by adding just a little bit of bacon.
Bacon on the Side
- Bacon, Goat Cheese & Green Onion Biscuits - Have these for breakfast or alongside your favorite soup. Or just as a snack. That's cool with me.
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad - This is not your average boring potato salad. It's got all the good stuff.
- Loaded Baked Potato Casserole - I didn't think I could love mashed potatoes any more. Then I tried this.
Bacon Starters and Snacks
- Bacon Parmesan Cheese Ball - Get the party going with this retro creation.
- Jalapeno Popper Dip - Hot and spicy, you won't want to share with the rest of the party.
- Cheesy Black Bean Bacon Dip - I recommend just having this for dinner with a big bag of your favorite tortilla chips.
- Swiss & Bacon Dip - One of my signature dishes.
- Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers - Maybe my husband's favorite food in all the known world.
I hope you enjoyed these totally awesome bacon recipes, kids. I don't recommend eating them all in one day, but you're sure to find some favorites to indulge in from time to time. If you make one of these recipes, be sure to tag me on Instagram. I love seeing your creations.
Leave me a comment and let me know your favorite way to eat bacon.