As we start to gather again, we want to make it as safe as possible. I’m sharing 37 awesome recipes for outdoor entertaining so you can get together with friends and family, have a ton of fun, and stay safe this summer. We’re not letting anything stop us from sharing outrageously good food.
I say entertaining like I’m Martha Stewart or something. Really, I’m just talking about gathering at a park or beach or even in your backyard with friends and family and sharing some really good food, a few drinks, and a lot of laughs. We’re keepin’ it down home, kids. That’s where all the fun happens.
All these recipes are things you can either make ahead and take in a cooler or cook outdoors. And they’re all simple and delicious. Let’s get into it!
Start with a Drink
- Ginger Iced Tea Lemonade – The best of all possible worlds.
- Raspberry Lemonade – The kids will go crazy for this one.
- Vanilla Lemonade – A sophisticated twist on a summer classic.
- Pomegranate Margaritas – Make a giant pitcher of this tart and boozy cocktail.
- Mint Limeade – Sweet, refreshing, and earthy.
- Passion Fruit Green Tea – I could drink this by the bucket.
- Raspberry Margarita – Pucker up for this sweet and sour fave.
- Rum & Ginger Beer with a Twist – Get cans of ginger beer and a big bottle of Captain Morgan, then slice up some lime wedges and pop them in a tub. Instant party.
- Amaretto Sour – Two ingredients and endlessly drinkable.
On the Grill
- Basic Burgers – Just bring out an array of condiments and let everyone jazz up their burgers however they like.
- Spicy Southwest Burgers – For a party with a little Tex Mex flare.
- Jalapeno Cream Cheese Stuffed Burgers – These have something extra inside.
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Burgers – Change up your condiment game for something truly awesome.
Awesome Side Dishes
- Za’atar Potato Salad – My very favorite potato salad of all time ever.
- Red Bean Salad – It’s vegan and so easy, you don’t even need to cook it.
- Loaded Baked Potato Salad – There’s bacon in this one. Need I say more?
- Easy Peanut Butter Hummus – I actually prefer this hummus to more traditional recipes. Am I a monster?
- Southwest Pasta Salad – No mayo in this one, so you don’t have to worry about refrigeration.
- Dill Potato Salad – Way better than store-bought.
- Homemade Sausage Rolls – A British picnic staple.
- Mexican Brownies – It’s gonna be a spicy summer.
- Triple Chocolate Cookies – That’s right, three kinds of chocolate.
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies – It’s fine to get powdered sugar everywhere when you’re outside.
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies – Keeping chocolate chip cookies fresh and new.
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars – The best way to bake all your cookie dough at once.
- Monster Cookie Bars – Just a giant pile of candy held together with some eggs, oats, and flour.
- S’mores Brownies – No campfire required.
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies – These could be a personal favorite.
- Giant Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies – One is enough. Or is it?
- Vanilla Vodka Root Beer – Tastes like a root beer float without having to keep ice cream frozen.
- White Chocolate Raspberry Blondies – These bars are super summery.
- Double Chocolate Muffins – Cake is not super practical outdoors, but muffins are perfect to transport.
- White Chocolate Chip Brownies – I actually brought these to the beach once and wished I had saved them all for myself.
- Peanut Butter Button Cookies – Classic cookies with a chocolate center.
- Kahlua Brownies – Fudgy brownies that are just a little bit boozy.
- Jam Tarts – I feel like Jane Austen would definitely have these if she was entertaining outdoors.
- Classic Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies – If you showed up at my backyard potluck with these, it would be real hard not to hug you.
I hope you enjoy some of these awesome recipes for outdoor entertaining and that they make your gatherings a little more awesome. I’d love to see your photos. Tag me on Instagram and hashtag them #awesomeon20. Happy eating, kids. Make it awesome!