This Bacon Egg Salad Sandwich is a little bit extra. Stir some crispy bacon into your egg salad and pile it onto some extra soft potato bread. Lunch just got a little more awesome.
Because my life’s not weird enough, we recently adopted two chickens from a friend who had been trying to hide his chickens from his mom. He has a giant backyard. The kind where you could conceivably hide two chickens. We live in a very small duplex in an urban area, so having a total of three feathered ladies strutting about our backyard can sometimes be a bit hectic. It was especially tense in the first few weeks when Danaerys, the queen of the backyard, was “helping” her new subjects assimilate to life in the realm. The mother of dragons doesn’t like to share, apparently.
Things have calmed down a bit in our backyard, as long as Danaerys gets to eat first. Godzilla and Rodan are settling in, learning the ropes, and finding their place. They’ve also started to lay giant eggs fairly regularly for older chickens. My refrigerator is overrun with delicious possibilities.
What makes this Bacon Egg Salad Sandwich so awesome?
I’m sorta lazy, so the best way to use up a lot of eggs without having to put in very much effort is to make an egg salad sandwich. Lucky for me, I freakin’ love them. And because I’m also a little bit crazy, I decided we needed some bacon. Why wouldn’t you need bacon? I also feel like an egg salad sandwich is only at its best when served on potato bread. Since I’m a grown woman, I can do whatever I want. Potato bread and bacon it is.
What’s your favorite way to eat eggs? What’s your favorite way to sleep through early morning chicken whining? I really need to know.
Put bacon in your egg salad. It’s gonna be awesome!Print
Bacon Egg Salad Sandwich
Creamy egg salad with crispy bacon on fluffy potato bread because everything is awesome.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 3 sandwiches 1x
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: American
- 6 large eggs
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried dill or dill paste
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Dash of cayenne
- Dash of garlic powder
- Dash of onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices of potato bread
- Put your eggs in a medium sauce pan and cover with water. Place over high heat and boil for 8 to 10 minutes. Carefully pour out the hot water and run cold water over your eggs to cool them quickly. I usually cook my eggs ahead of time and park them in the fridge for a while until I’m ready.
- Scissor your bacon into a large skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until you’ve reached desired crispiness. The crispier the better, in my opinion. Remove bacon to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Carefully peel each egg, chop them into chunks, and drop them into a medium size mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients. Feel free to glance around your spice rack and fridge, adding bits of all the things you love. Stir everything together gently.
- Pile your egg salad onto soft potato bread and be happy. What else is there?
Keywords: Eggs, Bacon, Sandwich