Sometimes, simple is awesome. Classic, even. A simple shortbread cookie, a perfectly roasted chicken, a well-fitting black dress. Sometimes, uncomplicated is perfect. But sometimes life needs a little pizzaz.
Top off your shortbread with caramel and chocolate, you’ve elevated something simple to something mind blowing. A great pair of red heels make that perfect black dress really pop. Simple is great, but bold, daring, and different are also pretty outrageous. I thought this recipe could use a little bit of extra awesome.
Gnocchi is one of the most comforting foods ever created. It’s like eating a pillow. I decided to mix it with some tangy goat cheese, and crispy, savoury bacon, as well as a sprinkle of bread crumbs for a bit of extra crunch. Contrast is key.
Added bonus, this recipe is a cinch to make. Melt some cheese. Boil some gnocchi. Stir, bake, done. Your food can have complicated flavors,but it need not be complicated to prepare.
Wear red shoes. Eat more goat cheese and bacon. Be happy.Print
Bacon Goat Cheese Gnocchi Gratin
Savoury, cheesy, pillowy gnocchi is awesome in every way
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 package gnocchi (the brand I buy is 500 grams)
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons Italian bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 and put a medium sauce pan of water over high heat to boil.
- Add goat cheese and milk to a pot over low to medium heat and stir as it melts until smooth. Turn off the heat and add the pepper and nutmeg.
- When the water boils, add the gnocchi and cook until they begin to float. It will only take a couple of minutes.
- Once the gnocchi rise to the top, fish them out with a slotted spoon and add them to the cheese mixture. Stir everything together, then transfer the cheesy gnocchi to a small casserole dish or three ramekins.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon and bread crumbs over the top of your gnocchi. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly brown on top. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before attempting to shovel it all in your face.
- Serving Size: 3