Bacon Pancakes have crispy bacon cooked right into the pancakes. Who needs blueberries when you have bacon? It’s all the best parts of breakfast brought together in one
Geoff insisted that we make you some pancakes since Pancake Day is coming up on Tuesday. The question naturally became what type of pancakes do you want to make? I bet you can guess the answer he gave. “I don’t know.” #facepalm
We get caught in this loop on a regular basis. What do you want to do? I don’t know, what do you want to do? Please tell me we’re not alone? I guess the best option whenever you’re unsure about anything is probably bacon. Or at least, it worked this time. Pancakes and bacon are a classic combination, so why not just put them together into one dish.
All you have to do is sprinkle some crispy bacon into your pancakes before you flip them. This works with pretty much anything, but bacon is probably the awesomest. Make your favorite pancake batter, no one cares if it comes from a box. Fry up some bacon until crispy. Cook your pancakes in the same pan you made that bacon in. It’s just so much goodness.
Do you have any Mardi Gras/Pancake Day traditions? In my opinion, breakfast for dinner is way better than beads. If I can have milk punch with my pancakes, I’m pretty much in heaven. Let’s celebrate.Print
Your favorite pancakes get made extra awesome by cooking crumbled bacon right inside.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Griddle
- Cuisine: American
- 4 slices bacon
- Enough of your favorite pancake batter for two people
- Put a medium skillet over medium heat. Cut your bacon slices with scissors into 1/2 inch pieces. Cook the bacon, stirring frequently until crispy. Remove bacon pieces to a paper towel lined plate.
- Pour out the excess bacon grease, but don’t bother to clean your pan. We’re going to cook our pancakes right in that tasty bacon grease.
- Mix up your favorite pancake batter, and scoop your desired amount into your bacon greased slick pan. Sprinkle some bacon pieces onto the uncooked top of your pancake. Cook two to three minutes a side. Repeat until you run out of batter.
- Top with butter and maple syrup.
Keywords: Pancakes, Bacon