Barbecue Chicken Dip is sweet, smoky, cheesy and spicy. This hot dip recipe is perfect for game day or a casual party. Dig in with your favorite tortilla chips.
Guys, there's something to be said for a little external validation. While I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone relying on it, I'm not gonna lie; when someone tells me they like what I'm doing, I eat it up.
Real talk. I've been struggling with a desire to let this blog die for well over a year now. Since settling in Glasgow, I've struggled with finding the time and energy to create quality posts. I've watched my page views plummet as Pinterest became pay to play and stopped showing my followers my pins unless I gave them my money. And we all know I don't have a lot of that. I mean, that's kind of the whole concept of this blog. It's been so disheartening to see a project I love really floundering and knowing it was at least partly my fault.
My default mode is to assume that I suck. Normally when people try to compliment me, my urge is to punch them in the face and then crawl under the table and die. Last night, I got to hear some really kind words about this blog, and they are giving me life.
What does all of that have to do with Barbecue Chicken Dip? You guessed it. Absolutely nothing. Except that this is a totally awesome recipe, and so are all of you. We've got creamy, cheesy, sweet, and smoky all playing together in this delicious hot dip. You could serve this in a party spread, but if you want to have it for dinner, I won't tell.
I use some Transformer Chicken chopped up super small for this. Basically, you just dump everything into a bowl, smoosh it all together, spread it into a baking dish, heat it up, and then scoop it into your face with some tortilla chips. I held back a little bit of the barbecue sauce for some artistic drizzling. That's totally optional, but it's as close as I get to being artsy.
Thanks for making me feel awesome, friends. I'm going to try harder to deliver cool posts for you guys because I love you.Print
Barbecue Chicken Dip
Barbecue Chicken Dip definitely deserves a sweet and smoky place on your next party table.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 12 ounces cooked chicken, chopped small
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1-½ cups shredded cheddar
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese, barbecue sauce, ranch dressing, sour cream, and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Transfer your mixture to your baking pan and spread it evenly. Sprinkle the last half cup of cheese over the top, along with your chopped green onion. I just cut it with scissors it right over the baking pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until hot and bubbly. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes before scooping it up with your favorite chips.
Keywords: Chicken, Barbecue, Dip
Looking for more awesome cheesy dip recipes? Try this Jalapeno Popper Dip.