Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links. I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase as a result of clicking one of these links. There is no additional cost to you.
Black Bean & Chorizo Soup is full of flavor and ready in about 30 minutes. This easy recipe uses canned beans and pre-chopped chorizo to make your stressful life extra easy. We absolutely love it.
Merry Christmas, friends. All this free time means I'm finally working ahead, and ironically, I'm already thinking about how full I'm going to be on Christmas. Of course, as you're reading this, it is Christmas, so I imagine I've eaten two kinds of cookies, breakfast casserole, barbecue chicken dip, turkey, mashed potatoes, cake and homemade ice cream that I made in the ice cream maker my amazing husband got me for my birthday.
My cat will be plowing through the mountain of wrapping paper. My family will be enjoying their new toys and such. I'll be sipping too much Bailey's. All will be totally chill with the world. Hopefully future/now Christmas is completely amazing.
I made you this Black Bean & Chorizo Soup for when you finally reach the point that you can't eat one more turkey sandwich. When you need something on the slightly lighter side with a completely different flavor profile, this soup will be waiting for you. And as a bonus, it's super easy to make.
Go easy on yourself by buying pre-cut chunks of chorizo. We're also going to use canned black beans and green onions which we can chop with scissors, so we won't even need to take out a cutting board. It's all so simple and so delicious.
Hope you had an ideal Christmas and that you ate the most amazing dinner. Hope you still have room for Black Bean & Chorzo Soup.Print
Black Bean & Chorizo Soup
Black Bean & Chorizo Soup is a perfect post-holiday game changer you can make in a flash.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- 4 ounces chorizo, chopped
- 2 green onions
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Squeeze of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Put your favorite soup pot or sauce pan over medium heat and add the chopped chorizo. Allow it to cook for about five minutes until it releases its delicious orange oil and starts to crisp up a bit. Pull the chorizo bits out of the pot and save them for later in another bowl.
- Cut the green tops off your green onions and set aside. Thinly slice the whites of the green onions and add them into your pot, or just use scissors to cut them directly over the pot. Add in the ground cumin, stir this all together, and allow it to cook for a couple of minutes over low heat.
- Add the black beans, tomato paste, and chicken stock and bring this up to a simmer. Allow it to bubble away gently for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in a squeeze of lime juice.
- Divide your soup between two bowls, sprinkle the crispy chorizo back into each bowl, and dollop in a spoonful of sour cream into each bowl. Finally, scissor the tops of your green onion over each bowl.
- Stir, eat, and enjoy.
Keywords: Soup, Black Beans, Chorizo
Looking for more awesome soup recipes? Try this Vegan Sweet Corn & Roasted Bell Pepper Soup.
Leave a Reply