Blue Cheese Crackers are like super fancy, dust-free cheez-its. The cracker dough is studded with flavorful blue cheese. They will make your cheese board extra awesome.
I'm in complete denial that another year is coming to an end. I don't know how to handle it, so I'm just going to ignore it. It's too late to worry about all the books I didn't read, all the movies I didn't watch, or all the recipes I didn't try. Once again I spent too much time sleeping and not enough time exploring. Too much time working and not enough time living. Even so, it was an awesome year, and I'm ready to celebrate it.
The chances of me getting an invitation to a party that requires high heels and a sparkly dress. It's much more likely that I'll be at home in bare feet and yoga pants, but I would never let that stop me from eating some fancy food if I can. To me, it doesn't get any better than a beautiful cheese plate.
And while there certainly is an art to assembling a perfect cheese plate, it always feels a bit like cheating to me since I don't have to cook anything. If you want to add a homemade element to your cheese plate, try making your own homemade Blue Cheese Crackers. It's almost too easy.
These crackers are flaky, buttery, and flavorful, but not overly strong. There's a hint of blue cheese, and they taste great all by themselves or loaded up with some other stars of your cheese plate. The dough comes together quickly and rolls out smoothly. I cut mine into squares with a pizza cutter, but you could make whatever shapes you like.
Here's to an awesome year, and to more adventures to come. May it be filled with good friends, good wine, good food, and Blue Cheese Crackers.Print
Blue Cheese Crackers
Blue Cheese Crackers are flaky, buttery, and flavorful. Be sure to give them a spot on your next cheese plate.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 25 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Diet: Vegetarian
- ¾ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 egg yollk
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup corn meal
- pinch of salt
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together blue cheese, butter, and egg yolk with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Turn the mixer down to its lowest setting and mix in the flour, corn meal, and salt until combined.
- Press the dough together and wrap it in plastic wrap. Press it into a disc and refrigerate for at least a half hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Roll the dough out on a well-floured surface to about a quarter inch thickness. Cut dough into the desired shape and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake crackers for 10-12 minutes. They should be golden brown and slightly puffy. Allow crackers to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes then cool on a wire rack.
- Serve on an awesome cheese plate with plenty of tasty treats or snack on them all by themselves.
Keywords: Crackers, Blue Cheese