You guys!!! My oven is broken. It’s distressing to say the least. I feel like I’m wandering around in a daze. I just don’t know what to do with myself, as if I’ve lost an appendage or something. I’m really quite pathetic.
The last thing I made in it was the transformer chicken for this recipe. Then two hours later, I set my oven to preheat for a totally awesome gluten-free, dairy-free chocolate cake I wanted to share with you guys. I went to put my carefully crafted cake batter into to oven with all those lovely tiny bubbles I’d built into the eggs to make it rise beautifully, and that’s when I realized that the oven was still stone cold. Tragedy!
It happened on the Friday before Easter which is a four day weekend in Scotland, so the property manager couldn’t even call the repair company until the following Tuesday. Turns out the part that needs replacing is obsolete, so the good news is I’m getting a brand new oven. The bad news is, I have no idea when this is going to happen.
Luckily, it doesn’t matter how you cook your chicken for this gooey, spicy, crunchy, awesome Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese. Any cooked chicken can be shredded up and tossed in spicy buffalo sauce. Then we just smash together some cheeses and ranch dressing, spread them on whatever bread we have on hand, give the outside a good smear of butter, and slap it in a hot skillet until golden brown, crunchy, and so awesome.
Fingers crossed our oven gets replaced soon, so I can get back to normal and make a damn cake. Until then more Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese for everyone!
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 2 to 4 tablespoons buffalo sauce (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to smash together the ranch dressing, cream cheese, blue cheese, and shredded cheddar. Just mix and mash til it's all incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, toss your shredded chicken in the buffalo sauce until it's all coated.
- Lay out your four slices of bread and evenly divide your cheese mixture onto each slice, smearing it gently across the bread. Divide your chicken amongst two slices of bread, then top the chicken side with the cheese only side. You know how to make a sandwich.
- Lightly butter the outside of the top of each sandwich and place them, butter side down, into your hot skillet. While the first side is cooking, butter the top of each sandwich so it's ready to flip.
- Cook for three to five minutes on each side depending on how brown and crunchy you like your grilled cheese.
- Serve with lots of napkins.
- Measurements do not need to be exact.