Buffalo Chicken Tacos feature spicy, saucy, crispy chicken plus all your favorite toppings wrapped up in a tortilla. It's all the good stuff. Plus it's easy enough to make for an awesome weeknight dinner.
After a month of pure indulgence, I'm working on taking some control over my body. I'm trying to alternate jogging and yoga, with a weekly dance class thrown in. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep my dancing addiction under control this time. We've also started intermittent fasting again. The first week has been tough but encouraging. I'm already starting to feel better.
People love to tell me I'm dumb for only eating 500 calories in a day, but this is the only thing that works for me. In most other diets, you have to restrict yourself all the time, but with fasting, I can eat pretty much anything I want five days a week. So even when I'm super hungry on a fast day, I know that I just have to keep myself distracted until bedtime, then in the morning I can eat something tasty without feeling guilty. And if I want t have a doughnut every once in a while, I can just do it.
This probably doesn't have anything t do with Buffalo Chicken Tacos except for the fact that I can eat them on a non-fast day and feel totally awesome about it. They're somewhat indulgent with two types of cheese and a drizzle of ranch dressing, but they're not outrageous. You could even add avocado for a hit f healthy fat if you're into that sort of thing.
My favorite thing about buffalo chicken anything is the contrast. These tacos marry spicy chicken breast chunks with the funk of blue cheese, the creaminess of cheddar and ranch, and a bit of crunch from a sprinkling of green onions. It's all wrapped in a chewy whole wheat tortilla. I could eat eight of them, but I don't because fasting also helps to keep you focused on your goal and recognize the difference between hunger and cravings. I'm in it for the flavors, and the flavors in Buffalo Chicken Tacos are seriously good.
Go on, indulge a little. Make yourself some Buffalo Chicken Tacos. It's gonna be awesome.Print
Buffalo Chicken Tacos
Buffalo Chicken Tacos are a delicious bundle of contrasting flavors.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 tacos 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce
- 4 taco size whole wheat tortillas
- blue cheese, crumbled
- sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- chopped green onions
- ranch dressing
- extra buffalo sauce
- Whatever else you think is awesome
- Place chicken pieces in a small mixing bowl. Season your chicken pieces with garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle corn starch and flour over chicken pieces and toss the chicken with tongs to coat them in the flour.
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Give the chicken pieces a gentle shake to get rid of any excess flour before adding them to the pan. Cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Remove chicken to a clean bowl, then toss with buffalo sauce.
- Assemble your tacos, wrap 'em up, and go to town.
Keywords: Chicken, Buffalo, Tacos
Looking for more awesome spicy buffalo dishes? Try this simple Buffalo Chicken Burger.