Caramel Butterscotch Muffins are going to bring so much simple sweetness into your life. This quick and easy muffin recipe is perfect for sharing, so raise the vibration of everyone around you with an awesome treat.
There's lots of debate about whether or not witches should perform spells on or directed at other people without their permission. Personally, I would never want to use magick against someone in a negative way. "With harm to none" is always an important intention in my practice. But as a kitchen witch, spreading joy and happiness through food is never something I have a problem with.
I certainly won't be forcing anyone to eat anything, but if I stir a little bit of extra happiness into my muffins, I don't think I really need to get your permission first. If you don't want to be a little bit happier, you're probably not going to take the muffin anyway. Sharing food is such a simple way to change the vibration of even the saddest situation. Think of the magic those church ladies are creating when they make those casseroles for funerals. That's powerful. Food is magick. Period. The end.
What makes Caramel Butterscotch Muffins so awesome?
I assure you, these Caramel Butterscotch Muffins will put a smile on anyone's face. The muffin batter itself is not overly sweet, so the butterscotch chips that are studded throughout create a burst of sweetness without being cloying. There's also a drizzle of caramel on top that bakes into a sticky crust.
While these are awesome for even a few days after they've been baked, they are at peak awesomeness about 15 minutes after they come out of the oven. Once they're cool enough to handle, the caramel and butterscotch are still gooey. The steam rising out of the center as you pull it apart smells faintly of sugar. It's a heavenly experience. No matter what mood you were in before, eating one of these will bring a smile to your face and lift your spirits.
My favorite thing about muffins is how easy they are to transport. Bring these to work, a coven meeting, book club, or family gathering to spread the joy far and wide.
Make it magical
The main additions to these muffins are both basically a play on sugar, so you can use them for magical purposes anytime you want to sweeten a situation or attract something more quickly. Here are the details on some of the major ingredients.
- Wheat (flour) - abundance, fertility, money, rebirth
- Baking soda - banishing, protection, cleansing, warding
- Salt - protection, cleansing, purification
- Sugar - attraction, love, used to amplify any attraction spell
- Eggs - fertility, protection
- Yogurt - spirituality, creativity, depression
How to make Caramel Butterscotch Muffins
Contrary to what some may say, a muffin is not just a frostingless cupcake. It's made with a different method and produces a different crumb. Muffins are slightly denser and less sweet than cupcakes and should form a bit of a crust on the outside. Hence those tasty muffin tops.
To make these muffins, we'll combine all of our dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Use a whisk to incorporate all the ingredients. In a large measuring jug, you can combine all your wet ingredients and use your whisk to completely blend them together. Then once you bring your wet and dry ingredients together, you want to work quickly and gently to combine the two without working the batter too much.
When your batter is mixed, fold in your butterscotch chips and divide your batter between your muffin cups. Unlike with cupcakes, you can fill them completely. Before they go in the oven, drizzle a bit of your favorite caramel sauce over the top of each muffin.
Bake them for about 20 minutes, and transfer them as soon as possible to cool on a wire rack. Eat them while they're still warm for ultimate bliss, and store any leftovers in an air tight container. 20 seconds in the microwave never hurt a day-old muffin.
If you live in the US, you'll probably find these fairly easily in the baking aisle of the grocery store with the other baking chips. If you're somewhere else, you may need to go to a specialty baking supplier. For ultimate convenience, there's always Amazon. Here's an affiliate link for the butterscotch chips I bought.
Just keep everyone around you sweet and happy, and life will be a bit smoother for everyone. Caramel Butterscotch Muffins are just the spell you need.Print
Caramel Butterscotch Muffins
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 303 grams (2-¼ cups) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 105 grams (½ cup) sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- approximatly ¼ cup caramel sauce, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl, or pulse in food processor for about five seconds.
- Whisk together sugar, oil, egg, egg yolk, and yogurt in a medium bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and quickly and gently stir to combine using a spatula or wooden spoon. Some small lumps are okay. Try to accomplish this in 10-15 seconds.
- Fold in the butterscotch chips
- Scoop the batter into the waiting muffin pan. The cups will be quite full. Muffin tops are the bees knees.
- Drizzle a spoonful of caramel sauce over each muffin.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from them pan and cool on a wire rack.
Keywords: Caramel, Butterscotch, Muffin
Be sure to leave a rating and a comment if you make these muffins. It helps other readers find the recipe.