Cheese-Stuffed Meatloaf is perfect for a nostalgic weeknight dinner.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 60
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1–1/2 pounds ground beef
- 15 ounces of your favorite tomato sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1–1/2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1–1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ground beef, one cup tomato sauce, and all remaining ingredients except for mozzarella cheese. Gently mix all ingredients. I find it’s easiest to do this with my hands.
- Add a third of the meat mixture to a loaf pan. Evenly sprinkle over half the cheese. Add another third of the meat, then the rest of the cheese, and finally the last of the meat.
- Cook your meatloaf in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the meatloaf and spread the remaining tomato sauce over the top. Cook in the oven for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Keywords: Ground Beef, Cheese, Meatloaf