Cheesy Black Bean Bacon Dip is made with smoky bacon, mashed black beans, and plenty of gooey cheese. Serve this with plenty of crunchy tortilla chips. You won't be able to stop eating this.
I start out with good intentions. Black beans are supposed to be healthy. Salsa is full of vegetables. I'm going to make a healthy dish. But wait. You know what would make this better? Cheese. Definitely plenty of gooey cheese. And if we're going to add cheese in, we might as well make it super awesome and add in some bacon as well. I can't help myself. I can't say no to awesomeness.
This dip comes together in no time and makes plenty to go around. You can subtly change up the flavor depending on the salsa you use. If you like something sweeter, choose a mild salsa. If you like a smoky flavor, find something with chipotle. If heat is your thing, try a habanero or ghost pepper salsa. Or if you're really dedicated, make your own.
In case you were wondering, it's totally okay to eat dip for dinner. And adding in a bit of bacon can only make life better. It's gonna be okay. Just go with it.Print
Cheesy Black Bean Bacon Dip
Spicy, cheesy black bean dip with crispy bacon is delicious and almost healthy.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 2 slices bacon, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded monterrey jack cheese
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon pieces to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the beans to the bacon fat and use your potato masher to give the beans a squish. You don't need to smash every single bean, but you just want to add some creaminess.
- Stir in the salsa and seasoning and bring to a simmer. Stir in the cheese until it's melted, the sprinkle the bacon pieces over the top.
Keywords: Dip, Black Bean, Cheese, Bacon