Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blossoms feature chewy chocolate chip cookies a mini peanut butter cup right in the middle. You’ll end up with an absolutely amazing cookie. This recipe is easy and impressive.
I’m constantly waffling back and forth about whether or not to continue with this blog. It never became successful, and I understand why. My photos are fine but not extraordinary, and the food I like doesn’t fit in with what’s popular. I’ve learned to accept that I won’t ever be a professional blogger. It’s not even close to my biggest failure. But I do keep asking myself, what’s the point? You’re probably sick of hearing about it.
I recently got some encouragement to continue blogging from one of my all time favorite bloggers. This is someone who’s work I’ve admired since I first discovered food and baking blogs back in 2011. The fact that she even knows my blog exists is a certain level of success. It absolutely gave me a huge hit of encouragement to continue being myself and putting it out there.
So now that that decision is made, I’ve got a new problem. I’ve suddenly got the urge to completely redesign my site and give it a fresh new look. This could get messy. Stick with me, friends.
While we work through our midlife blogging crisis, let’s eat cookies. But not just plain old chocolate chip cookies, but really tasty chocolate chip cookies with a totally awesome surprise in the center, a mini peanut butter cup. Apparently Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blossoms were a complete revelation in Glasgow because I brought these to school for an event I was hosting, and I got compliments for a week. I thought they seemed pretty basic, but non-bakers seem to find them quite impressive.
They’re super simple to make. The firs time I made them, I had two friends in my kitchen, so they don’t even require all your attention. You can put your friends to work unwrapping the peanut butter cups. Just make sure they don’t eat all of them before you actually put them into your cookies. And how do we get those peanut butter cups into the cookies, you ask? Simply press one into each cookie as soon as they come out of the oven. Your cookies will continue to bake and set up for a few minutes after they come out of the oven, and once they’re cool, they will have set up perfectly.
It may be a bit untidy around here for a while, but it’s gonna be delicious. Have a cookie and just relax. Everything’s gonna be awesome.
Ready for another awesome cookie recipe? Try these Peanut Butter Button Cookies.Print
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blossoms
Beautiful chocolate chip cookies surrounding a peanut butter cup are so delicious and so impressive.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 24 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2–1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 24 mini peanut butter cups
- Preheat your oven to 350 and fish out your muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and both kinds of sugar together with an electric mixer until combined and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt, and mix on the lowest speed until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips and mix briefly to incorporate them into your dough.
- Use a medium scoop to fill each muffin cup about a third full. You want there to be enough to cover the bottom of each muffin cup, but the dough will spread and rise a bit as it bakes.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the cookies just start to turn golden on top. They will still be a bit soft inside, but they’ll firm up as they cool.
- As soon as your cookies come out of the oven, press a peanut butter cup into the center of each cookie. Allow them to cool for about 10 minutes in the pan before removing to a rack to cool completely. Get on with your second batch if you don’t have another muffin pan.
- If you have any leftover cookie dough, obviously you can just make cookies with them.
Keywords: Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter, Cookies
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest for more awesome cookie ideas.