Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies are made from a fudgy cookie dough studded with peanut butter chips. They're soft and sweet and irresistible. This easy recipe is perfect for any peanut butter lover.
When I first started this blog in 2013, I was completely lost in my professional life, and we were pretty hopeless financially. We were living off a single $10 per hour income in one of the most expensive cities in the world. We were in trouble, and there was no denying it. So I started cooking and baking and writing because those are the things that make me happy.
Now here we are in 2020, financially stable with a brand new kitchen being installed. We've come a long way. I mean, we literally moved almost halfway around the world. But we also don't really worry about money any more. We definitely don't waste it, and we live a relatively simple life, all things considered. But it's still strange to realize that I'm no longer poor. I'm immensely grateful. You have no idea. I hope more exciting changes are still on the horizon for us.
But some things never change, and my love of peanut butter is one of them. I don't think I would have survived my childhood without it. I don't think I'll ever become a person who enjoys fine dining and fancy food. Keep it homey, simple, comforting, and delicious. Like these Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies.
How to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
In the UK, you'll probably need to special order peanut butter chips, but American friends should be able to find them with the regular chocolate chips. These cookies are pretty basic. Cream wet ingredients, mix in dry ingredients gently fold in lots of peanut butter chips. It doesn't hurt to chill this dough for a while, as these cookies will spread quite a bit. Give them plenty of space on the baking sheet. The details are all in the recipe card below.
Come what may, kids, we're keeping it awesome and staying humble. And grateful, always grateful, for life's gifts. Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies are definitely one of those little miracles. Get into it.Print
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies are fudgy, chewy, and studded with peanut butter chips which pretty much makes them the best.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 8
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 54 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 ounces peanut butter chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F (175C) and line a baking sheet or two with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt into a bowl or onto a sheet of parchment. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients, mixing on the lowest setting until incorporated. Fold in peanut butter chips. Try not to eat all of the cookie dough.
- Scoop out your cookie dough onto your baking sheet, leaving plenty of room for them to spread out. Bake for about 8 minutes. The cookies will continue to bake after they've been removed from the oven, so don't worry if they look a bit soft at this point.
- Allow them to cool on the cookie sheet for five minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely, if you can wait that long.
Keywords: Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Cookie
Recipe slightly adapted from the back of the peanut butter chip package.