Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links. I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase as a result of clicking one of these links. There is no additional cost to you.
These Cranberry Shoyu Sausages are awesome to serve at a party or game day gathering. A glaze made with chili sauce, cranberries, and soy sauce is what makes them extra awesome.
Cocktails, appetizers, and desserts. That's all you need for a great party. A dinner party is lovely, but I doubt I'm the only one who likes the beginning and the end much more than what comes in the middle.
I wish I was a person who got invited to cocktail parties. Or even parties that didn't involve Domino's pizza. Cocktail parties are the bee's knees. Alas, I am not sophisticated.
However, if you are a girl who gets to wear a shiny emerald dress or a dude with a skinny tie, you might need this recipe for cranberry soy sausages. They're sweet and hot and sour and perfect for sticking toothpicks in. The sticky glaze elevates the fat little sausages to something festive, and the combination of flavors is complex enough to serve to even your fanciest friends.
Parties should be for drinking and grazing and wandering from conversation to delightful conversation. If you're sitting down at a table, you can't show off your cute shoes. Fill your glass, stick a toothpick in a sausage, tell a joke, find someone who loves the same book as you. Don't be tied down.
It's time to party. The holidays are nearly upon us. Share these cranberry soy sausages with your friends. It'll be awesome.Print
Cranberry Soy Sausages
A sweet, spicy, sour, sticky cocktail sausage perfect for your holiday party.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: None
- 1 package lil smokies
- ¼ cup Chinese chili garlic sauce
- ⅛ cup cranberry sauce
- ⅛ cup soy sauce
- 1-½ teaspoon brown sugar
- Juice of half an orange
- Juice of half a lime
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a small baking pan with foil. I used a 9x9 inch pan. If you have a disposable aluminum pan, even better.
- Place the sausages in the pan, and make sure they're in one flat layer and not stuck together.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together chili sauce, cranberry sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, and juices.
- Pour the sauce over the sausages and and stir lightly to coat them all in the sauce.
- Put the sausages in the oven for 20 minutes, pull them out and give them a quick flip, then put them back in the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Serve in a too fancy dish with toothpicks and plenty of booze.
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest for more awesome party food.
Leave a Reply