This Creamy Garlic Spinach Dip is great for a gathering, even if it's just amongst your household. We're sneaking in some leafy greens with plenty of cream cheese and garlic. Serve with crunchy tortilla chips or raw veggies for an awesome sharable dip.
Still here on the couch, kids. I'm watching the news, and it sounds like I'm going to be here for quite a while. No answers have arisen yet as to when we might be going back to school. I guess I might as well get comfortable. This couch will continue to be my office for who knows how long. Where are you working from these days?
It seems flippant to talk about anything else in the middle of a global pandemic. In my conscious mind, I'm doing fine. I'm cooking lots and creating plenty of content for this blog, which is what I love to do. But then suddenly I realize I'm clenching my jaw, or I notice that my shoulders are tense or I've been holding my breath. My body definitely hasn't gotten the message that everything's fine. Is it fine? I'm honestly not sure.
One thing I know is that we have to keep eating. Today I've made Creamy Garlic Spinach Dip for you to dig into with your household. I'm eating vegetables again, and it's like I don't even know myself anymore. Naturally, there's plenty of cheese, plus lots of fresh garlic, making this dip highly cravable.
How to make Creamy Garlic Spinach Dip
This dip is ridiculously easy. Get out a big frying pan, add some oil, and sautee lots of chopped garlic for a couple of minutes. Then dump in a whole bag of fresh baby spinach. You're gonna think that this mountain of spinach is ridiculous, but it will wilt down to a reasonable amount. Just keep gently stirring it until it's all wilted down. Transfer this to a cutting board, and carefully chop up your pile of spinach, and garlic, then add that to some softened cream cheese, sour cream, and a bit of lemon juice. Stir it all together. That's it.
We eat chips and dip for dinner all the time, and I hope you'll consider it. Strange times allow for strange measures. Creamy Garlic Spinach Dip is what's for dinner. It'll be awesome.
Creamy Garlic Spinach DipCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Creamy Garlic Spinach Dip is a delicious mixture of cream cheese and sauteed garlic and spinach.
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons olive oil
6 to 10 cloves of garlic, minced
1 bag baby spinach
Salt and pepper
⅓ cup sour cream
Juice of ½ a lemon
- Put your cream cheese in a small mixing bowl and give it a bit of a smash and stir to loosen it up in preparation for the waiting ingredients and to help it come to room temp faster. You know, in case you forgot to set it out ahead of time.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium low heat. When the oil is hot, add your garlic and saute until it starts to turn golden and smell fragrant. Be careful not to burn it. It will only take a minute or two.
- Once the garlic is ready, add the whole bag of spinach and crank the heat up to medium high. Stir frequently until the spinach is wilted and most of the liquid has cooked away.
- Spoon and scrape your garlic and spinach out onto a cutting board. Spread it out to cool it a bit before going over the whole thing with a sharp knife a few times to chop up the spinach.
- Add your spinach and garlic mixture to the cream cheese, season with salt and pepper, and add sour cream and lemon juice. Stir the whole thing together with a fork or wooden spoon. It may take a bit of work at first, depending on the temperature of your cream cheese, but eventually it will all come together.
- You can serve this right away, or refrigerate it for later. Serve it with your favorite crunchy things.