Creamy Sausage Dip is a delcious mix of cream cheese, spicy tomatoes and chillies, and flavorful pork sausage. Served warm with tortilla chips, it will quickly become a game day favorite.
Hey, friends. Thanks so much to those of you who left me sweet words of encouragement after my last post. I'm feeling empowered to make changes, not only to on my site, but in my life in general. I started by buying some brightly colored, elastic waist, wide leg pants to wear on the plane. They're so comfy, but it's hard to believe I'm actually allowed to wear these out in public. They're basically fancy pajamas. I would normally never wear such a wide line for fear of looking fat, but I'm leaning in to cozy comfort and self-care this year, and so far, it's working out well. Thanks to Kendi for the inspiration.
And yet, despite all this willingness to try new things, I'm bringing you another "classic" recipe today. Read: an old recipe from waaaay back when I first started the blog and had no idea what I was doing. Real talk, I don't have time to test enough new recipes during the week to bring you something brand new every week. Some of the stuff I try is a dud, and I'm not sharing anything with you unless it's totally awesome. But reshooting old recipes helps me see how much I've grown. And even if I'm not as good as the professionals, I'm much better at food photography than I used to be, and that's something worth being proud of I guess.
What makes Creamy Sausage Dip so awesome?
Now that I've figured out how to make English sausage taste like something, I'm feeling much more confident about bringing some of my old recipes back into rotation. Today it's Creamy Sausage Dip. We eat chips and dip for dinner on the reg, but even if you're not a heathen and eat actual food for dinner, this is a great hot dip for a game day party, movie night, or other gathering where people are pretending they're not hungry but actually want to pig out on something savoury and delicious.
I think you might be able to stir just about anything into some warm cream cheese and come out with something heavenly, but spicy bits of sausage and some tomato and chillies definitely work. This dip comes together quickly all in one skillet. You could even make it in a cast-iron and serve it right in that. Damn, I should have done that for my photos.
We're embracing the new and reimagining some classics and generally loving life. Put some creamy sausage dip on your table, and don't forget to be awesome.Print
Creamy Sausage Dip
Creamy Sausage Dip is a little bit spicy and a lot bit awesome.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 8 oz Cumberland sausage, casings removed
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 ounces chopped tomatoes with chillies
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Sturdy chips for dipping
- In a skillet over medium heat, add your sausage and break it up into small pieces with your wooden spoon. Sprinkle in the cumin, red pepper flakes and black pepper, and stir to mix. Stir occasionally until the sausage is cooked through.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes with chillies. Stir to combine.
- Finally, add in your cream cheese, and stir until the cream cheese is melted and just starts to bubble.
- Transfer your dip to a bowl, or not as you please. Serve warm with your favorite tortilla chips.
- If you're making this recipe in the US, you can just use Jimmy Dean or another bulk breakfast sausage that you love. You may or may not want to omit the cumin and red and black pepper. American sausage is already well seasoned.
Keywords: Sausage, Tomato, Dip