Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links. I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase as a result of clicking one of these links. There is no additional cost to you.
This DIY All Purpose Cleaner is all natural, good for the environment, and absolutely magical. Made with vinegar, baking soda, and essential oils, it can cleanse your surfaces and your spirit all at once.
Cleansing is a crucial practice for any witch or energy worker. Stagnant energy can hang around from all kinds of sources, including yourself. Clearing it away regularly allows good energy to flow more freely to you so that the good stuff doesn't have to fight through a bunch of blocks and barriers to find you.
There are so many ways to perform energetic cleansing, crystals, smoke, sound, visualization. Everybody has their personal favorite. But as a kitchen witch, I have to do a lot of mundane cleansing as well, so I love to combine the two by creating my own all natural products and infuse them with intention. So as I wipe away crumbs and grease, I'm always clearing away negative energy at the same time.
Ingredients for DIY All Purpose Cleaner
This cleaner is made with a base of vinegar, baking soda, and water. You could just stop there if you wanted to. But of course, I love to add some energy from herbs and botanicals in the form of essential oils. Oils carry the essence of the plant in concentrated form, so you're getting a boost of energy with each drop.
Here are the oils I used in this cleaner:
- lavender - known for its calming, peaceful energy, it can help you enter a relaxed state which is always a goal of any cleansing work I do. The oil is naturally antibacterial.
- lemon - bright and energizing, lemons are associated with cleansing and bring a joyful energy. The essential oil is also naturally antiseptic and can defend against bacteria and viruses and helps remove grease.
- peppermint - associated with purification, love, healing, and prosperity, the scent of mint can help to refocus a tired mind. The oil is antiseptic, antiviral, and fights odours.
- pine - long associated with mundane cleaning, pine brings the energy of growth, strength, success, and perseverance. The oil is antiseptic and acts as an air freshener.
How to make DIY All Purpose Cleaner
This is extremely simple to make. Here's what you'll need.
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 4 drops lemon essential oil
- 3 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 drops pine essential oil
- 1 drop peppermint essential oil
- 2 tablespoons baking soda (bicarb)
- ½ cup water
- 250 ml (1 cup) spray bottle
Use a funnel to add the vinegar and essential oils to your spray bottle. Then add in the baking soda. You may want to do this over a sink in case it bubbles over. Once the fizzing has died down, fill the bottle the rest of the way with water. Put the lid on and shake before using.
There you have it, kids. A simple little spell that is both practical and magical. It's all natural, uses less plastic, is good for the environment, and smells amazing. What's not to love? I hope you give it a try.
Looking for more awesome DIY products? Try this Peppermint Foot Soak or some Homemade Eye Makeup Remover.
Neal's Yard Remedies Essential Oils
Practical Magic for Beginners by Maggie Haseman
Original recipe by Mumbles & Things
Leave a Reply