- 225 grams shredded cheese such as cheddar, Monterrey Jack or colby
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 package enchilada or taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- Chips for dipping
- In a mixing bowl, toss together your cheese and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over low heat, melt your butter then add the minced garlic and chopped green onion. Stir and cook for about a minute until fragrant.
- Add your evaporated milk to the pan, then stir in the cheese mixture. Add your seasoning, and stir the mixture occasionally until the cheese melts and the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the enchilada sauce, adding a little more or less until it reaches the consistency of your dreams.
- Serve warm. This dip is best eaten the first time around, but if you want to reheat it, stir it frequently and add in some extra enchilada sauce or milk if you need to thin it out.