Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links. I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase as a result of clicking one of these links. There is no additional cost to you.
Every witch wants to feel more prosperous and secure. I've got ten herbs for prosperity that you can add to any spell to bring you more in the material world.
I have been known to do a bit of prosperity magic. Money was scarce when I was a child, so I've been working on my insecurities around money. Prosperity spells don't have to be about greed or demanding material gifts from the Universe.
What is the feeling that you want prosperity to bring you? That's where the real power lies. Will having more money make you feel secure, decrease your stress, free up your mind to focus on other things? Money, like witchcraft, is a tool, and it's up to you how you use it.
10 Common Herbs for Prosperity
Prosperity herbs tend to be things that grow in great abundance. They may be bright green or somehow shiny. They could also be herbs that are traditionally expensive, symbolizing luxury and status.
Remember that in witchcraft, we tend to use the word herb very loosely. Botanically, some of these aren't technically herbs, but they still hold the energy of money and prosperity no matter what you call them. Your intention is everything.
This list is not exhaustive, but it's a good place to start.
- Maple - Add a bit of maple syrup to sweeten a spell or create a wreath of fallen maple leaves in the autumn to attract prosperity into your home.
- Pine - Ever green, pine trees symbolize prosperity that never fades. Rich, buttery (and expensive) pine nuts can be added to charm bags or spell jars.
- Allspice - Use allspice berries in a charm bag or use the ground spice for dressing a prosperity candle.
- Basil - A favorite for prosperity magic, its bright green leaves are a symbol of verdent life.
- Chamomile - Most commonly associated with sleep, you can charge this herb to bring you sweet dreams and prosperity at the same time.
- Cinnamon - Create a prosperity simmer pot with cinnamon sticks or sprinkle a bit of ground cinnamon in front of your door to draw in prosperity.
- Dill - If each of its tiny fronds was $100, how rich would you be?
- Mint - It's practically impossible to kill a mint plant, so bring some of that resilient energy to your finances as well.
- Nutmeg - Try grinding fresh nutmeg over the flame of a prosperity candle and imagine each tiny spark attracting more money to your life. (Safety first, witches).
- Parsley - This ubiquitous little herb is often overlooked, but it's hearty and plentiful, which is just what your bank account should be.
A few more herbs to get you going
These are my top 10 herbs for prosperity, but here are a few more to help you expand your spellwork.
Ways to use herbs for prosperity
There are countless ways to craft a spell for prosperity. Every witch should use what works for them, but here are a few ideas of ways you can use these herbs to draw money to you.
- Create a spell jar or charm bag combining these herbs with other materials.
- Sew dried herbs into a dream pillow or poppet.
- Plant herbs and keep them in your house or garden.
- Use them to dress your spell candles.
- Create a prosperity tea blend. Be safe and make sure the herbs are safe to drink.
- Create a simmer pot.
- Blend them into loose incense to be burned on a charcoal disc.
As a kitchen witch, I love to turn my food into a spell. If you love to eat your magic as much as I do, here are a few recipe ideas that you can charge with the intention of prosperity.
- Prosperity Spice Mix - Make up a batch of prosperity spice for all your fall baking.
- Maple Syrup with Bacon - Treat yourself to some of this at breakfast, and you'll feel rich indeed.
- Whipped Feta on Toast - An ideal vehicle for prosperity herbs including pine nuts and basil.
- Roasted Tomato and Mozzarella Salad - With a fresh basil viniagrette.
- Chocolate Cinnamon Cake - Simple and indulgent, it will make you feel like a person of leisure.
- Dill Potato Salad - Beyond bringing you prosperity, the dill tastes amazing.
- Mint Limeade - Limes can attract money as well with their green color, so mix up a pitcher of prosperity magic.
- Garlic & Herb Focaccia Bread - Made with lots of fresh parsley and rich olive oil, it will definitely make you feel more prosperous.
I hope your life is overflowing with abundance and prosperity and that you feel secure enough to focus all your energy on spreading more love to the Universe. Let me know in the comments if I've left any of your favorite herbs on the list. Please share your spells with me on Instagram as well. Blessed be.
- The Modern Guide to Witchcraft by Skye Alexander
Leave a Reply