Jalapeno Popper Dip is ridiculously irresistible. Make sure you share this with friends to stop yourself eating the whole thing. Spicy jalapenos, smoky bacon, and plenty of cheese all baked together makes for an outstanding appetizer.
So we talked the other day about overcoming self-limiting beliefs, and I wasn't joking when I said I was working on this. More accurately, I'm neck deep in talking myself out of all the reasons why I'll never become a professional food blogger. Here's a couple examples.
I'm definitely way too old to leave a stable job that I almost can't get fired from. That's insane. Who would let go of that? I should be thinking about my retirement. Who cares if I'm bored out of my mind? People in their 40s don't change careers. Do they? Do you know anyone who pivoted to a wildly new risky career at my age and actually made it work? Was it as terrifying as it seems?
Another limiting belief is that people only want vegan, keto, gluten-free, paleo food. Nobody wants your indulgent, comforting, totally delicious but definitely fattening comfort food. Give it up, kid. The jalapeno popper game is dead.
Except that this Jalapeno Popper Dip is so insanely good, how could I not tell the world about it. It would just be wrong to keep this a secret. So I'm reminding myself that age equals experience, and there's always space in the world for bacon and cheese. I couldn't bear to live in a world without bacon and cheese.
How to make Jalapeno Popper Dip
This really couldn't be more simple. Crisp up some bacon, add some softened cream cheese, chopped jalapenos, grated cheddar, mayo, garlic, and some seasonings and spices into a mixing bowl, and blend it all together. Transfer it to a baking dish and pop it in the oven.
I'm completely serious when I say that you are going to want to eat all of this by yourself. For heaven's sake, try not to do that. Share this with friends (in a responsible, safe, socially distanced way if you need to). Serve it with tortilla chips or crunchy veggies like carrots and bell peppers if you want to bring a little more balance to the situation.
You're awesome. I'm awesome. We all deserve to have our heart's desire. And we all deserve to eat Jalapeno Popper Dip if we want to. It'll all be fine.Print
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Jalapeno Popper Dip is spicy and creamy and loaded with bacon and cheese.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 5 slices bacon
- 6 jalapenos, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-½ cups shredded sharp cheddar
- Cut your bacon into 1-inch pieces with your scissors and fry over medium heat until crispy. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C) and spray a 2 quart casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, use your mixer to beat together all your ingredients. Give each one a few seconds to come together before adding the next one.
- Scoop everything into your casserole dish and spread it evenly.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until warm and bubbly. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving with tortilla chips or crunchy veggies.
Keywords: Dip, Jalapeno