These Mini Ham and Cheese Sandwiches are made all at once with plenty of ham, melty cheese, and a spicy mayo. This is a quick and easy recipe perfect for parties or gatherings. Twelve little sandwiches for the effort of one. It’s totally awesome.
I sometimes hate to admit to liking girly things. You’ll never see me wearing pink or reading a gossip magazine. I don’t know the names of the Kardashians or any of the Real Housewives. I’m not particularly into sparkles or bows or romantic comedies.
I want to be seen as strong. I want to be taken seriously. It probably makes me a bad feminist, but I just can’t handle pink.
But I do love to sing and dance, and I’ll never turn down a cupcake. And I’m a sucker for tiny cute things. Fluffy things. Particularly kittens and baby bears. I can’t resist. I could die of cuteness.
What makes Mini Ham and Cheese Sandwiches so awesome?
A tiny sandwich is a good thing, too. Especially when it’s made with Hawaiian rolls, honey ham, gooey Swiss cheese, and spicy mayo. This is probably the easiest way in the world to make twelve hot sandwiches. None of this assembly line nonsense. Just slice the whole tray of rolls in half, build your sandwiches, pop the lid back on, and throw the whole thing in the oven. Then you can cut them when they come out of the oven. Boom, 12 tiny sandwiches perfect for a party.
Maybe I need to learn to embrace my feminine side. Maybe I need to stop watching so many Quentin Tarantino movies and see something starring Katherine Heigl. Okay, that probably won’t happen, but I will eat more than my share of these mini ham and cheese sandwiches. Oh, and dudes love them, too. What’s not to love?
Mini Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
Twelve tasty, tiny ham and cheese sandwiches with spicy mayo will satisfy your masculine and feminine sides.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 sandwiches 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 package of a dozen Hawaiian rolls
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 slices honey ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a 13×9 baking pan with foil.
- Remove your rolls from the package, but don’t separate them. Using a long, serrated knife, slice all the way through your rolls. Remove the top half all in one piece. Put the bottom half in the baking pan, and turn the top half inside up on the cutting board.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayo, mustard, and cayenne pepper. Spread this mixture onto both sides of your rolls. Be sure to spread all the way to the edges.
- Layer ham, then cheese onto the bottom half of your rolls, then place the top half of your rolls back on top of your sandwich.
- Cover the pan with foil and put it in the oven for about 20 minutes. You want everything to be warm and melty. The bread will be slightly browned and crisp on the top and bottom and squishy in the middle. Cut your sandwiches into twelve, and stuff your face in a most ungirly fashion.
Keywords: Ham, Cheese, Sandwich
Follow me on Pinterest for even more party food ideas.