These Mozzarella-Stuffed Meatball Sliders are gonna be a total hit at your next gathering or even as a fun dinner option. Juicy meatballs are stuffed with chunks of fresh mozzarella. They're baked in your favorite tomato sauce and served on soft slider rolls. They're completely delicious.
If you follow me on Instagram, you know we've got a new mess maker living in our house. Within eight hours of moving in, she smashed the glass in our living room door and peed on the rug on which I do my yoga. Right where my face would go when I'm in downward dog. I doubt she did it for irony.
Eevee is our mystery-breed rescue puppy, and if you know me at all, you know she was not my idea. I know a lot of you will judge me for not being a dog person. I'm an introvert who finds pleasure in a certain level of order, routine, and general chillness. Dogs are rambunctious, messy, and constantly want to interact. And by constantly, I mean chasing a ball basically non-stop since she got here. If I don't qualify as a cat person, no one does.
What makes Mozzarella-Stuffed Meatball Sliders so awesome?
To comfort myself through this new upheaval, I'm going to need a lot of cheese. These meatballs each have a chunk of fresh mozzarella hidden inside. You can use your favorite jarred or homemade tomato sauce to bake them in. Other than a little light assembly, these really couldn't be simpler.
I like to serve these on a soft roll, but you can do 'em up any way you like. They'd be great as a meatball sub, or serve with spaghetti. Mozzarella-Stuffed Meatballs are fantastic, sliders or no.
We do strange things for the people we love, even inviting a dirty, smelly dog into your once peaceful and not entirely unattractive home. For that, we get to eat Mozzarella-Stuffed Meatball Sliders whenever we want.Print
Mozzarella-Stuffed Meatball Sliders
Mozzarella-Stuffed Meatball Sliders are so delicious, they make nearly anything bearable.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups of your favorite pasta sauce
- Your favorite soft rolls
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly spray a casserole or baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, egg, oil, parmesan, seasonings, and breadcrumbs. Use your hands to mix the ingredients gently so that you don't overwork the meat.
- Form the meat mixture into golfball size meatballs, burying and completely surrounding a cube of mozzarella in each one.
- Pour about 1 to 1-½ cups of your pasta sauce into your baking pan. Make sure it covers the bottom. Place meatballs in pan, add more pasta sauce over the top, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and a bit more parmesan if you have it.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Allow the dish to cool long enough for the sauce to stop acting like molten lava.
- Scoop meatballs, with some extra cheesy sauce, onto a roll, and go to town.
Keywords: Meatballs, Cheese, Sandwich
Looking for more awesome game day recipes? Try these Cuban Burgers.