Raspberry Lemonade is tangy and sweet. Made with fresh raspberries and lots of lemon juice, this is the perfect summer drink. Add some club soda to make it sparkling or a shot of gin or vodka to transform it into a summer cocktail.
I think duality is very important in life. I like things to be a little bit fancy and a little bit trashy all at once. Luxurious but cheap. Sophisticated yet simple. Smart and funny. Sweet and salty. I guess I just want everything. That's not too much to ask, is it?
Without contrast, life is boring. I am still learning to embrace my own duality. The seemingly incomprehensible juxtapositions within my own personality. How can someone be an introvert who loves to perform? A helper who is often intensely selfish? A food lover who is embarrassingly picky? There's so much about me that just doesn't make sense, but it's what makes me unique. Occasionally, I still hate being unique. I want to find a home, but I don't want to get too comfortable.
See that raspberry lemonade? First off, it's awesome, but it's got it's own duality going on. There's the obvious sweet and sour contrast, but it's also got a bit of that fancy/trashy thing going on. See, I used fresh raspberries but bottled lemon juice. This has more to do with laziness than anything else. I just didn't want to buy and squeeze a whole bag of lemons. That's sticky, and I like to be clean. Just my hands, though. The kitchen, not so much.
We're going to make some simple syrup by dissolving some sugar in hot water. We're going to make raspberry puree by chucking some berries (fresh or frozen, it matters not to me) into a blender with a bit of water and then straining out the seeds. We're going to mix all this together with some lemon juice, then add water until it's pretty in pink and just exactly as sweet and puckery as you like.
And if the universe has you leaning more toward the trashy side, by all means add some vodka or gin. I would never ever try to stop you.
Hey kids, you can be whatever you want to be. You can even be two things at once. You can drink Raspberry Lemonade any dang time you want. And don't forget to be awesome.
Looking for more awesome summer drinks? Try this Mint Limeade.Print
Sweet and tart and lovely, Raspberry Lemonade is perfect for any mood.
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 quart 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: American
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- Approximately 250 grams fresh raspberries
- ½ lemon juice
- Approximately 3 cups water
- Stir together sugar and water in a small pan and heat over low heat, swirling occasionally until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Add your berries to a blender and add about a half cup of water. Blend until smooth, about 20-30 seconds. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl. It will likely get clogged up, so use a spoon to move the seeds around to let all the tasty puree get through.
- Add your cooled simple syrup to the pitcher you're going to mix your lemonade in. Measure out ½ cup of the raspberry puree and add to the pitcher. Add lemon juice and water. Taste as you go with the water to make the lemonade as strong as you like. Give it all a good stir and serve over ice.
- If you have leftover raspberry puree, it's lovely on ice cream or pound cake.
Keywords: Raspberry, Lemonade