With a list of materials and correspondences for self-love spells, you can begin to create your own unique magick. Craft your own spell that's perfect for you and your energy. That's how you make it awesome.
For me, self-love is at the heart of all spiritual, energetic, and magical work. It's the solid foundation from which you can work any other spell. Once you truly understand and appreciate your own worth, the universe throws open all the doors of possibility. Whenever somebody comes to me for advice about how to get into a witchcraft or spiritual practice, this is always where I suggest they start.
But crafting your own spell can also be intimidating when you're first starting out. What stuff do you use? What do you do and say? What if you do it wrong? Well as far as I'm concerned, as long as you are clear in your intention, you can't really do it "wrong." And your magick will be more powerful if you are using materials that are meaningful to you. A spell creates a physical representation of your intention and the energies you want to work with, and the more connected you are to those physical representations, the more powerful it will be.
So I'm sharing an easy reference of some of the correspondences and materisl you can use to create your own self-love spells. Mix and match with what resonates with you and raises your vibration.
I sometimes use the terms correspondences and materials interchangably, which is really confusing, I know. Correspondence is the energy that the object aligns with, so tecnically, everything here corresponds with self-love. But for our purposes, in this section we'll look at non-materials correspondences that can impact your spell.
When you choose to perform your spell can be significant. From moon phases to days of the week, these all carry a unique energy. Here's what I recomment for self-love spells.
- Moon phase - If your intention is to call in greater self-love, any waxing moon phase would be benefical. This is any time that the moon is growing larger from new to full.
- Days of the week - Fridays, represented by Venus, are ideal for any type of love work, self-love included. Sundays can also be good if your self-love work is geared more toward confidence.
I don't work with deities myself, but I know many witches do. To represent a deity, you can use a picture or statue of them, or learn their corresponding symbols, such as plants and animals, and have an image of one of those.
- Amaterasu - A Japanese goddess of beauty, leadership, and brightness
- Venus & Aphrodite - Greek and Roman goddesses of love, beauty, sensuality, and fertility
- Artemis - Greek goddess of the hunt, call on her for courage and independence
- Isis - Egyptian goddess of art, nourishment, wholeness, and awakening
- Sekhmet - Egyptian goddess known for grace, dignity, and strength
Each sign of the zodiac carries unique energy that affects us all, whether we have that sign in our chart or not. Time your spell for when the sun or moon is in that sign, or simply choose an object that corresponds with the sign to represent that energy in your spell.
- Taurus - for a bit of sensual indulgence and treat yo'self energy
- Cancer - for self-reflection and emotional nurturing
- Leo - for ultimate confidence to shine
I love a bit of color magic. It's so simple to incorporate into your daily life. Follow your intuition and work with colors that make you happy. You can wear them, decorate with them, or just look for them in your surroundings. Specifically for spell work, add color with candles, paper, and ink.
- Pink - the obvious color for self-love, this is a soft, warm energy
- Orange - for confidence
- Yellow - for happiness and optimism
You can really call on any of the elements for any spell, so let's look at how you can use them in self-love work. You can incorporate them into your spell by facing in the corresponding direction or bringing in an object to represent that element.
- Air - call on air to help you with your self-talk and self-believ
- Fire - allow this element to spark inspiration and encourage you to shine your light
- Water - connect deeply with your emotions and learn to feel safe loving yourself
- Earth - ground into this supportive energy and let it remind you to tend to your own needs.
You may also want to work with all seven chakras on your self-love journey. Each of them has its own correspondences that can be represented in your spell.
Materials are all the physical objects you can use in your spells. Some things will be based on the correspondences you chose like candle color or specific pictures of objects that represent a deity. But you may also want to incorporate some crystals and botanicals in your spell work.
Carry a crystal with you as a self-love talisman to bolster your energy throughout the day. Or create a crystal grid to draw in power. Or simply keep them around your home to remind you of your own worth and beauty.
- Aquamarine - increases intuition and connection to higher-self
- Green Aventurine - a heart chakra stone
- Emerald - good for emotional healing, growth, and love
- Onyx - encourages self-confidence and determination
- Tiger's Eye - boosts self-confidence and gives you the freedom to follow your path
- Rose Quartz - the queen of self-love crystals, this pink stone brings a gentle loving energy that can aid in self-acceptance
Herbs & Botanicals
Plants can be used in magic in a variety of ways. You can ingest it through food or a simple tea. Burn herbs as incense either pre-made or by burning loose herbs on a charcoal disc. You can also use them to dress candles in the form of oils or dried herbs. You can anoint yourself with essential oils. Or simply add botanicals to jars or bags. There are so many possibilities.
There are also dozens of herbs and botanicals for love in general. Look more closely into the properties of these herbs to see if they tie in with the love you're trying to cultivate for yourself.
- Rose - long associated with love, select pink roses for self-love spells
- Clove - good for luck, courage, self-belief, and personal growth
- Thyme - strength, courage, wisdom, encourages you to trust your inner voice
Self-Love Spells for Kitchen Witches
As a kitchen witch, cooking something delicious really boosts my self-worth. I feel like a totaly genius when I make something that tastes ridiculously good. Here are a few recipes I'd incorporate into a self-love spell.
- Rose Quartz Cocktail
- Homemade Cinnamon Rolls with a pinch of clove
- Garlic & Thyme Baked Camembert
- Lemon & Thyme Pound Cake
I hope that helps get you started on creating your own self-love spells. This is not a complete list, but hopefully it's enough to inspire you. And remember, clear quartz can substitute for any crystal, rosemary can substitute for any herb, and a white candle can substitute for any other color. Witchcraft is a tool of need, so work with what you got. The magick is in you. All this stuff is just for amplification.