Semi-Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes are insanely good. There’s no shame in taking some help from the store to make this simple but delicious recipe. You’re busy, and that’s fine. These cupcakes are awesome, and that’s all that matters.
Here’s what I feel like the world wants from me: perfect hair, perfect teeth, perfect body, perfect clothes with high heel shoes, a wildly successful career from which I make a ton of money so I can buy a fancy car and live in a giant house, perfect children who have perfect grades and also perfect hair, must make three meals from scratch every day with all locally sourced organic ingredients; must do yoga three times a week and run a 5K once a month; must do it all while looking great and never showing a shred of stress, must smile all the time. I blame Beyonce.
Here’s what I really want: sweatpants, chili from a can, daily Harry Potter, a really good wifi connection, and for my husband and kid not to think I’m smelly and gross. That’s about it.
We don’t have to be so hard on ourselves. Everything doesn’t always have to be from scratch. Just buy the dang cake mix and the canned frosting. It’ll be fine. Your friends will still like you. If you make them these cupcakes, they’ll probably love you. If anybody judges you for using store bought, just tell them to shut up and go home and put your sweatpants on.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes are nearly effortless because we’re taking a little help from a big scary factory, and we’re not giving a damn because these taste freakin’ great. A cup of peanut butter mixed into some vanilla frosting yields a thick, creamy, dreamy cloud of frosting heaven. On top of a tender chocolate cupcake, it’s pretty much the best.
The next time you get tasked with bringing dessert to a week night gig or an office party, or anywhere, bring these semi-homemade chocolate peanut butter cupcakes. Everyone will think you truly have it all. And don’t feel guilty. Beyonce has a personal chef.Print
Semi-Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
The deliciousness of Semi-Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes far outweighs the effort it takes to make them.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 24 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1 box chocolate cake mix plus whatever ingredients are called for on the box
- 1 container vanilla frosting
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 12 mini peanut butter cups, optional
- Prepare your cupcakes according to package instructions and cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl,combine frosting and peanut butter. It goes more quickly if you use an electric mixer.
- From here you can easily just spread the frosting on the cupcakes, but I find that since I took the easy way out with baking the cupcakes, I have time to put in a bit of extra effort in decorating.
- I used an open star tip to pipe the frosting on in large swirls. Just be aware that this frosting is quite stiff because of the peanut butter, so you’ll have to squeeze harder than usual.
- You can also top each cupcake with half a mini peanut butter cup. Be sure to refrigerate them before cutting them in half. They’ll also cut easier if you start from the bottom. Press the cut half into the center of your swirl of frosting.
Keywords: Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Cupcake
I’d love for you to take a moment to follow me on Pinterest for even more simple and delicious recipes.