Spaghetti and Sausage Meatballs uses a little cheat to make this quick and delicious pasta dinner. Remove the casing from your favorite Italian sausage, and form the sausage meat into meatballs. Make a simple tomato sauce, boil some pasta. Boom. Done. Delish.
Are you one of those people who does stuff on week nights? Like you leave the house and do activities after work, talk to people and accomplish things. I don't understand those people. Where do you get the energy from?
I'm one of those people who comes home from work and almost instantly puts on pajamas. I'm one of those people who goes on Facebook and reads food blogs and watches Netflix until I can come up with an excuse to go to bed and read three different books until I fall asleep.
Those kinds of people need a dinner that comes together with minimal effort and tastes so amazing that you'll eat until you can't move and then be happy because you know you don't have anywhere to go anyway. Those are the kinds of people who need Spaghetti with Sausage Meatballs.
What makes Spaghetti and Sausage Meatballs so awesome?
The trick is that we're just hot Italian sausages, slipping them out of their skins, and breaking them up into cute little spicy meatballs. No eggs or bread crumbs or squishing or mixing. Each sausage makes about five meatballs. If you like a chunkier sauce, you can used diced tomatoes and some tomato puree to create your sauce. I like it smooth, so I used pasata. Jazzed up canned tomato sauce would work just as well.
Dinner on the table in 20 to 30 minutes means more time to be lusciously lazy. Spaghetti with Sausage Meatballs is what all the cool kids are eating.Print
Spaghetti with Sausage Meatballs
Spaghetti with Sausage Meatballs comes together quickly so you can spend more time eating.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 4 hot Italian sausages
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 green onions
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ⅛ cup white wine
- 1 can pasata or tomato sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Put a large pot of water on to boil. When the water is bubbling away, add a fat pinch of salt and cook your spaghetti according to the package instructions, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Drain your pasta when it's cooked through.
- While your pasta is cooking, use a small sharp knife to cut through the casing on your sausages and gently pull the casing off and discard. Break up each sausage into about five pieces and roll them into meatballs.
- Put your olive oil and clove of garlic into a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the sausage meatballs and brown them on all sides.
- Use scissors to snip your green onions into thin slices. You can do this right over the pan. Add the Italian seasoning and give a quick stir.
- Add in the wine and pasata or tomato sauce and bay leaf. Allow everything to simmer for about 20 minutes. The sauce will thicken a bit as it simmers.
- Remove your pan from the heat and fish out the garlic clove and bay leaf. You can toss your pasta and sauce together in the pan, or spoon the sauce over your pasta on the plate. Whichever floats your boat.
- Eat and be lazy.
Keywords: Sausage, Pasta, Tomato Sauce
Looking for more simple pasta recipes? Try this Easy Garlic Mac & Cheese.