Real talk. My life is super boring. I’ve barely left my house this week because I’ve been obsessively watching every Olympic thing ever. I’m not embarrassed. I’m quite content to sit in front of my tv with some pizza and watch some fencing. What’s really got me stressed out about it is this new Instagram Story nonsense.
I mean, it’s hard enough to make your life look constantly perfect in photos. Now I have to keep up with Snapchat (see my boring life at awesomeon20) and put up a constant stream of dreamy video and photos throughout the day on Instagram? I’m kinda mad at it. What do you guys think of Instagram stories? Do you prefer Snapchat? Tell me in the comments which one you’re most into.
I’m revealing another bit of my boring life with this “dish.” I frequently make spaghetti with jarred pasta sauce. I don’t care. I like it. But my real secret agenda is to eat leftover spaghetti sandwiches. I toast some regular sandwich bread, spread it with butter, sprinkle on a dash of garlic powder, and then pile on some heated up leftover spaghetti. Fold that whole thing over taco style, and stick it in your face. It’s the best.
Then I thought, what if you take this a step further, add some mozzarella cheese, and stuff it all in a tortilla? It was just as awesome as I hoped it would be. It’s a fun way to use up leftovers without just eating the same thing over and over again. The creamy mozzarella goes all gooey, and the tortilla goes a bit crispy. The whole thing is pretty dang great.
I still have some leftover spaghetti. I’m going to make myself another Spaghetti Quesadilla right now. Should I put it on Instagram Story or Snapchat? Life is tough. Let’s just eat.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup leftover spaghetti
- 1 flour tortilla
- 1/4 cup (or more) shredded mozzarella
- Put a large skillet over medium low heat and add your oil to preheat. If you happen to have some garlic oil in your pantry, I think that would be really nice here.
- Heat up your spaghetti in the microwave for about a minute so that it's hot when it goes into the tortilla.
- Put your tortilla on a plate and spread half your cheese on one half of the tortilla. Use as much cheese as you like. I'm not gonna judge.
- Spread your warm spaghetti over the first layer of cheese, and then scatter the remaining cheese on top of that. You want one half of the tortilla to be layered with cheese, spaghetti, and then more cheese to create the glue once you fold over the the empty side of your tortilla.
- Carefully transfer your quesadilla to the hot pan and cook for three to four minutes per side until it's as brown and toasty as you like.
- Carefully transfer your now gooey quesadilla to a cutting board and cut into triangles. Eat and be awesome.